Birthdays, Adulting, & College-ing

Hello, lovelies!

It's been a while, but today is a very special day.

Ahem.

IT'S . . .

MY BIRTHDAY!

Huzzah!




(Yes, the celebratory Hank Green gif was necessary.)

Today I'm turning eighteen, which means I have to officially embrace adulting at its finest. *le gasp* I always like to joke that I pretend that I'm adult, and that probably won't change even after turning eighteen. Turning eighteen is one of those things that gets hyped up a lot in movies and books, but today feels like any other day, which I don't really mind. (I think waking up in a pile of taxes and bills would freak me out a little bit.)

My family and I celebrated it this past weekend since one of my brothers is going out of town on the actual day, and it was really nice to sit down and see him and my sister-in-law after a long time. We also did our Christmas celebration as well, so my weekend was filled with presents and a lot of laughs.

* * *

On another note, I've committed to a college! (Which I think is the same as university for my UK readers.)
(Yes, I decided to post my cliche acceptance letter picture on Instagram while wearing a bird sweater. It was worth it.)

I'm so happy to say that I'm going to Calvin College next year, since getting college applications and forms filled out has been a huge stress factor during my final year in high school. I'm thinking about majoring in something in communications, like journalism, and possibly minoring in psychology. It's so crazy to think that it's only been a few years since I was a freshman, but it's also super exciting to think that next year I'll be heading out to new places and meeting new people. I would love the chance to study abroad, especially somewhere in Europe (because it's gorgeous) or Central America (so I can use my Spanish for something beyond classes).

My exam week is this week, but since I'm all set for college things, I've found that I'm not as stressed as I could be. I've come to realize that grades are important, but they're not worth sacrificing your mental health for. I usually put huge pressure on myself to get perfect grades, and my anxiety always kicks in a lot more since I become afraid of letting myself down. But this year I've really worked to push that mentality aside, and I'm taking care of myself a lot more instead of letting deadlines overwhelm me. Yay for beating anxiety!

* * *

I also have a question for you all. I write on this blog under a pseudonym, but I was thinking that since I don't keep up on my blogger name social media as much as my personal ones, maybe I ought to share my personal accounts with you all in case you want to keep up with me there. Leave me a comment and let me know, because I feel like my absence on this blog has been really sad, and I still want you guys to have a way to contact me outside of generic things like email.

This would divulge my real name and other personal things, but I'm at a point where I'm not bothered by that idea, especially because most of my personal social media is public anyway.

* * *

Well, that's all the news I have for you all so far. If you have any requests for posts, feel free to let me know through comments or emails. (:

That is all.

Cheers,
Seana

Comments

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! *throws confetti and glitter*

    Also, CONGRATULATIONS!!!! *throws more glitter because college acceptances should be sparkly*

    I personally would love to have your other social media handles. I was just thinking about you the other day and realized that it had been a while since I heard from you. I miss my Sea.

    I hope that you have a lovely birthday and that getting ready for college is mostly anxiety free and if you need hugs or talking or virtual cookies, you can shoot me an email. :)

    ~The Unstoppable Child

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! (: I'm definitely leaning more towards making a post sharing my personal handles, so stay tuned for that. Also, I really appreciate that, and I'll totally take you up on that offer sometime.

      Delete
  2. Happy birthday!! And congrats on getting into college (which is the same as uni in the uk)
    I think it'd be a good idea to let us have your personal accounts, but it's up to you and what you're comfortable with :)
    -Cait x
    Www.passionatemindblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! (Also, yay! I got a UK thing right!) I agree, and it'd be an easier way for people to keep up with me since I don't maintain my blogger media accounts as much.

      Delete
  3. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SEA!!!!!!!!!!

    And congrats on college too. :) That's so exciting!

    I would love to keep in contact with you, especially if you aren't able to post as much.

    ~Des

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm super excited to see where everything leads. (: My next post should have my social media info in it, so I'll get it up asap.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for commenting on this post. I love having conversations with you guys, so please be sure you check back for my reply. That way we can have a chat of epic proportions. (:

(Also, please keep your language clean so everyone can enjoy my blog. Thanks!)

Popular Posts