It's My Birthday! (And Other Life Shenanigans)

Hello, lovely internet people!

I interrupt your regularly scheduled procrastination to bring you this exciting news. So this morning, I woke up like:


And then whilst my alarm clock was in panic mode since I knocked it off the table, I had a little shocked moment of realization.


As of today, I have officially hit the big one-six! That's right. This little blogger is now sixteen going on seventeen. I can finally sing that song from the Sound of Music and have it actually be socially acceptable. Huzzah!

I know you're all wondering how being sixteen is making me feel. If we're being honest, I'm definitely feeling:


Only joking. In all seriousness, I'm having one of those moments where at one time I feel exactly the same age as yesterday, but on the other hand, I can definitely tell I'm not fifteen anymore. I'm feeling old and young at the same time and it's making me uncomfortable.

On another note, I've been asked multiple times today if I'm getting my license yet, and the answer is no, not yet. Reason A being that I just don't feel like I have enough experience during night hours or with the dreaded parallel parking, and Reason B being that I don't exactly have a car of my own at the moment. I "share" a car with my lovely older brother, but he gets first dibs on it since he's older. *violently snorts* I suppose it's only fair, but at the same time I think I should get some slack here because I'm the baby of the family. Can I get a "whoop whoop" my fellow youngest children?

Being sixteen also means that my ban on dating has been lifted. Like a lot of people I know, my parents put the restriction on my that I'm not allowed to date until I turn sixteen. And now that that's happened, I've got some more free reign with the dating department. (Although I believe I'm highly unqualified in making life choices and I'm probably better off exercising my free reign by becoming a dragon wrangler or something.)

And I know you guys. You want to know if there's a chap I'm going after, don't you? *tuts* I suppose it's only fair since I've been MIA for a while now.

*cracks knuckles*

Ahem.

Basically . . .


Alright, alright, maybe it's not quite that bad. But yes, I do like someone. I have no idea what their feelings are for me, but can I just mention that he's got super lovely eyes? Seriously. They're the color of springtime and happy. Can we also just take a minute to appreciate that when he smiles he has a dimple on his cheek? *le swoon* But no more hints about this guy. I'll just say that he's super sweet and I'm loving the fact that he's nerdy like I am.

I solemnly swear that I will be back to a regular posting schedule starting on next week Monday, as it is Christmas break. Yay! Since we've bounced to that topic, what is your family doing for the holidays? Even if you don't celebrate Christmas necessarily, I hope you and your loved ones have a lovely time just hanging out together and eating an inhuman amount of yummy things.

Cheers to me being sixteen and Christmas being next week!

Love,
A Sixteen-Year-Old Seana


Comments

  1. I feel your pain. I am the youngest of my family. It. Is. Not. Fun.
    Happy B-day! I'm fifteen and honestly can't wait to able to sing the Sound of Music song! Only I won't be dancing with the mailboy. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers, my fellow baby of the family!

      Haha, while I will probably be dancing or at least attempting to, my mailman will probably not be involved.

      Delete
  2. HAAAAAAAAAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!! You are 16, going on 17. While I am 15, going on 16. Nah, doesn't sound quite right. What is the driving age in your state?

    ~D. Skye <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Destiny! (: My birthday was lovely. The driving age here is 16.

      Delete
  3. Happy Birthday! I still remember when you were 14 when I started following your blog...
    what the heck happened? It's like 2 years. Whamo.
    I hope you get your own car (and that parallel parking down :) )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right? (: I feel like it's insane how fast time went since my blog started up.

      Delete
  4. WHOOP! <-- a whoop from your fellow youngest-child! This is pretty late but HAPPY BIRTHDAY! HAPPY CHRISTMAS! HAPPY NEW YEAR! (Basically, general happiness.)

    I think it is mental that 16-year-olds can drive in you're crazy country. I've been 16 since October but do not let me NEAR a drivers seat because I would freak out and probably kill myself by accident. The thought of 16-year-olds on the roads terrifies me frankly O.o

    I'M EXCITED. I SHIP IT. IS THAT ALLOWED?? Blue eyes + dimples, this is is so exciting, it also sounds like someone I know ~cough cough~ I don't talk about this on my blog though; you're so brave! But I guess you do have a pseudonym. (I do not. I am constantly terrified that people from (whisper it) *real life* will fiiind meee.)

    Anyway, happiness for the various celebrations and good luck with your driving/dragon wrangling career/various other life aspects ~exaggerated wink~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! This whole crazy December thing is hectic, but awesome.

      Really? What's the driving age for you then? We can actually start taking drivers ed classes and going on drives with instructors when we're 14 years old, so that's something else to blow your mind. I was terrified for my first drive, and let's just say that I probably gave some people a mini heart attack by accident. Oops.

      Haha, well, if you want to ship it, I won't stop you. I'm silently shipping it myself, but I don't know if that's allowed. Most of my *real life* friends don't know that this blog exists, but I still have to be verrrrry careful when disclosing info because the few that do know about my blog will know who I'm talking about. So much risk!

      I wish you the best of luck as well with your endeavors and adventures. (: Hope your holidays were lovely!

      Delete
    2. At 17 you can start learning and get your provisional, 18 you can get your full licence.

      MUCH RISK!

      Delete
    3. We're considered adults at 18 . . .

      WHAT IS THIS MADNESS?!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for commenting on this post. I love having conversations with you guys, so please be sure you check back for my reply. That way we can have a chat of epic proportions. (:

(Also, please keep your language clean so everyone can enjoy my blog. Thanks!)

Popular Posts