From the Bookshelf #10


Hello, lovelies!

Just to be sure that I'm not getting behind on my bookshelf posts, here are the books that I've flown through recently.


The Bane Chronicles by Cassandra Clare
Star Rating: 4
Genre: Fantasy
Notes: This is a little companion to The Mortal Instruments and The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare. If you haven't read either series, you'll probably be confused. It's a mashup of untold stories from Magnus Bane's life, and it's really fun to see where his character has been outside of the main series.


Unwanteds: Island of Legends by Lisa McMann
Star Rating: 4
Genre: Fantasy
Notes: This is book #4 in the Unwanteds series that she's written, and I must say, it was intense.


Girl Online by Zoe (Zoella) Sugg
Star Rating: 4
Genre: Realistic Fiction
Notes: I was so, so excited to finally be able to read this, because Zoella is one of my favorite YouTubers. If you enjoyed the Mother-Daughter Book Club series by Heather Vogel Frederick, you'll most likely enjoy this book. (A full review of her book will be out this Friday on my blog, so look forward to that!)

The Rithmatist by Brandon Sanderson
Star Rating: 3.5
Genre: Fantasy
Notes: The beginning of this book was a little slow, so it took me some time to get into it, but I think the plot overall was nicely done. A little predictable, but still enjoyable.


Pathfinder by Angie Sage
Star Rating: 3.5
Genre: Fantasy
Notes: This book takes place several years after the Magyk series, with plenty of returning characters and some new ones. While I loved the Magyk series, I didn't like Pathfinder quite as much because it felt a little repetitive.

That is all.

Cheers,
Seana

Comments

  1. I need to catch up on my reading... been writing a lot recently instead. The Unwanteds (#1) was really good, and I really need to get my hands on the next ones. I read the rithmitist, and thought it was really good. I heard he has been prewriting and it will come out in a year or two. For now, we can wait for mistborn #5.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! The other Unwanteds books are so worth the read! Rithmatist was pretty good, I just wished it was more engaging. I felt like it was dragging a few times. But I am VERY excited for the new Mistborn book. I want to see where he takes the powers and things.

      Delete
    2. Of course he'll break his own rules of magic... I can't wait to see nicrosil and chromium in action (those are like duralium and aluinum but can do it to other peopele)
      ~A.J. Ryan

      Delete
    3. I'll definitely have to brush up on my metals knowledge again. I don't like his new series as much as Mistborn, probably just because I miss the old characters. Still, it's really cool to see all of the different powers and people. Wonder where he got the ideas for them all from . . . ?

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for commenting on this post. I love having conversations with you guys, so please be sure you check back for my reply. That way we can have a chat of epic proportions. (:

(Also, please keep your language clean so everyone can enjoy my blog. Thanks!)

Popular Posts