I DID IT

So at my high school we have something called Living Hope.

Living Hope in essence is sort of like the elite group of singers out of all the choirs. They participate in way more than the few concerts that all the choirs do, and they even have a Showcase during the year where LHS (Living Hope Singers) gets to sing more popular songs and put on a really cool show. People tell me that the 32 people in the group become your second family, and I tried out this year. Last year as a freshman I also tried out, but I knew there was no way I'd get in, because I was an underclassman. (I was also so nervous and I sounded like a terrified little froggie.) This year I tried out again, because I figured, hey, if I don't make it as a sophomore, then I have one more year to try out junior year. I went to tryouts with the mentality that whatever happens, happens, and if I made a fool out of myself, who would remember in 10 years?

I did so much better this year trying out. Last year I'd warmed up beforehand with a group of very competitive girls, and they did nothing to calm my nerves. This year I warmed up with a group of close friends, and they made me so relaxed going in that I had almost no nerves this year. So I tried out, and then I waited. I waited for that list of Living Hope singers to pop up. And just this past Monday, it did.

And I screamed when I read the list (probably scaring my entire family). Because guess who's name was on that list? That's right. MINE! *squeals*


I am beyond excited for the opportunity, and I'm so grateful that my choir director gave me the chance to be part of the group. I do feel bad for friends of mine who were so looking forward to LHS and didn't make it. I was surprised that some didn't, in fact, but I hope they try out again next year. The people in the group for next year all seem like super genuine, lovely people and I couldn't be happier.

Looks like 2015 is shaping up to be a pretty good year. (:

That is all.

Cheers,
Sea

Comments

  1. CONGRATS SEANA!!!

    ~D. Skye <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY, SEA!!! *flings confetti* *give you celebratory cupcake*

    ~The Unstoppable Child

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so awesome Seana! I knew you tried out, but I never heard the results. I also knew you sang really well, but to be in Living Hope? Great job. That will be such an awesome experience!
    ~A.J. Ryan

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for commenting on this post. I love having conversations with you guys, so please be sure you check back for my reply. That way we can have a chat of epic proportions. (:

(Also, please keep your language clean so everyone can enjoy my blog. Thanks!)

Popular Posts