It's My Birthday! + A Surprise

Hello, lovelies!

Today is a very special day. I bet it won't take you long to guess why because I may or may not have spoiled it in the title of this post. (Oops!) If you haven't guessed . . .

It's my BIRTHDAY!


(The traditional Hank Green celebratory gift was definitely necessary.)

It's so crazy to me that I'm turning seventeen this year. I've read about characters who are my age or younger who are off having adventures, and, in one of my favorite books, someone gets engaged at age seventeen. I wouldn't even DREAM of doing half the things some characters have done by this age. When I was younger, I thought being seventeen was so old, and that I would basically be an adult having tons of boyfriends and going to boatloads of parties. Oh, silly, baby Seana and her false expectations of teenager life, haha.


Everyone always asks if I feel older, and the answer is always the same: nope. There's no time warp during the night that makes me suddenly feel like a senior citizen. However, I have come to a horribly sad conclusion: I CAN NO LONGER SING "I AM SIXTEEN GOING ON SEVENTEEN" AND HAVE IT BE TRUE. *cries* But I suppose if that's the only thing bad about turning seventeen, I'm okay with that.

I started this blog when I was about twelve-ish years old, and I believe I was in sixth grade at the time. Where did the time go? This blog is four years old now (I missed my blogaversary this year, which is tragic), and I'm five years older. So just for fun, I've decided to put a little side-by-side photo comparison of little me vs. me now. Of course, as it's my real face, I'm going to do that thing where I add a little "click here to read more" tab just so that you have to put in a little more effort. (: Can't have it be TOO easy, now can we?



And voila! You've clicked the "read more" thing, and now you're going to see my face for the second time on this blog with no blurry concealment or anything. I couldn't find a picture from me when I was exactly in sixth grade, but I found one of me in fifth grade, where I was probably ten or eleven years old. Either way, I think you can easily guess what I my favorite color was at the time.



That's my one of my older brothers pictured with me on our old trampoline. I'd just like to take a moment to appreciate that not only was I wearing all pink (pink shirt, pink floral headband, AND a little bit of my glasses was pink too, oh yeah), but I also thought it was a great idea to wear pigtails and do that thing where you use a hair tie to tie off part of your shirt when it was too big. It was trendy at the time, I promise! Also, I still have that shirt, and it still fits. So either the shirt was ginormous, or I really am a real life hobbit. You can probably see that I'm rocking some pretty great spectacles. I know I probably should still wear glasses, but I need to get a new prescription since the pair I have are equal parts hideous and not working out for my eyeballs. Perhaps I should get working on that.

So yes, there's my little baby me and seventeen year-old me picture comparison. Maybe I'll bring back that all-pink outfit trend someday (although I don't know if I could find something like my old fuzzy pink sweatpants and sweatshirt combo). I'll be spending my birthday working (boo), and spending time with my family eating cake (woo!) and doing who knows what else.

I love you all, and I hope you have a fabulous day, even if it's not your birthday.

That is all.

Cheers,
Seana

Comments

  1. Seana! Happy! Birthday! Welcome to agey-ness! I just turned nineteen, I think, and I can't figure out why.

    Congratulations on another year of being awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Liam! (: I think next year's birthday is going to hit me a little harder next year when I'm an official adult. Eep!

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday! Every time I get older I realize I've been anticipating this age as a little kid and yet... so I feel ya. Fifth grade you is adorable, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kat! (: It's so crazy to think that little me had so many theories about what this age would be like. Seeing fifth grade me brings back so many memories.

      Delete
  3. HAPPINESS TO YOU ON THE ANNIVERSARY OF THE DAY YOU CAME INTO THE WORLD!!! (AND happiness for days otherwise because this is belated... sorry.)

    ~The Unstoppable Child

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, don't worry about it. (: It was a lovely birthday.

      Delete
  4. I have to echo everyone's previous comments and say HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! And then I have to cover my face in shame because I am about a week late. I'M SORRY!!!!

    Happy Birthday, darling.

    ~D. Skye <3


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, no worries about being late. (: My birthday was lovely anyway, and I appreciate you stopping by.

      Delete
  5. Man this is so late, but I hope you had a good birthday! Age-ing is definitely surreal, isn't it? I'll be turning 17 in February, and I remember when I was about 8, I used to think that at age 17 I'd be, like oh-so-cool and super independent and always have loads of money (because it seems other people do when we're little, doesn't it?) but the reality is, I'm super unpopular, still live with my mum (obvs) and I work hard for the money I have (and although my job pays well for my age, I wouldn't say I'm 'rolling in it' like I thought I'd be!)
    Ahh this post brings back so many memories for me, it's so weird how different growing up is from our expectations!
    Sorry for the essay haha! Like I said,I hope you had a great day! Enjoy your 17th year!
    -Cait xx
    http://Passionate-Mind.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! (: Haha, I do remember thinking I'd be a rich little munchkin. Oh how the tables have turned. I work too, but I'm definitely not a millionaire. WHY IS GROWING UP SO HARD?!

      Delete
  6. Happy birthday Sea! (Like three weeks ago but w/e.)

    That illustration is an exact representation of me XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks anyway. (: The thought is still nice.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for commenting on this post. I love having conversations with you guys, so please be sure you check back for my reply. That way we can have a chat of epic proportions. (:

(Also, please keep your language clean so everyone can enjoy my blog. Thanks!)

Popular Posts