Three Moderately Horrifying Mistakes Feat. My Face

Hello, lovelies!

I know, two posts in one week. IS THE SKY FALLING? (Hint: no.) I think part of the reason why I'm struggling with sticking to my blogging schedule is that I've been loaded with schoolwork, and also I get very anxious about deadlines, so my brain tends to shut down when I feel pressured. Sorry!

Anywho, I figured we'd take a trip down memory lane and follow little Seana down the path of middle school-hood and all of the beauty/fashion/general trying to be a functioning human/etc. mistakes she made when she was a wee one. I've been hunting through old photos, and I think I'm ready for the cringe-fest that is coming. *heavy breathing*

Let's go, shall we?

PS: Yes, most of these photos are of my actual face. I'll still be keeping my pseudonym for anonymous purposes, but I figured sometimes it's better to just be completely myself on this blog, including my photos. Of course, I plan on blurring out or cropping friends out of photos to respect their privacy, but I think not being afraid of putting my face out here on my blog is a good step to take. So . . . enjoy? (Wait, I don't think that's the right phrasing. . .)

* * *

1.) Eyebrows? Eyebrows

*Le Before*


*Le After*


I didn't realize the eyebrows could actually change your entire face. Once I got more into makeup and things last year, I realized that shaggy brows can be pulled off by Cara Delevingne but not Seana. Ignorance is bliss for a few people, but I wished I had realized that my eyebrows needed help sooner. Guys have no idea why we're so obsessed with eyebrows, but I think they can make me look more polished when my brows are under control. Past me needed a revelation, and she didn't find one until last summer. Oops.

The funny thing is that if anyone else looked at my eyebrows, they would have NO CLUE, and yet it's one of my biggest beauty regrets.

2.) Too Much Eyeliner

I tried SO hard to find a picture of me with my incredible panda-face eyeliner, but I think I was so horrified when I realized how bad it was that I went ham and deleted all photos on social media of me with the bad eyeliner. I started wearing makeup the summer before 8th grade, and eyeliner and mascara were the only things in my makeup bag. But I thought that to look amazeballs, you had to go bananas with thick, dark kohl eyeliner on the bottom lashline.

It looked pretty close to this:


Again, I thought I was Cara Delevingne and could pull off smudgy eyeliner. No, no, little Sea, panda eyes are not a cute look on you.

3.) Little Poser


Seeing old pictures of myself just makes me laugh so much because I was trying so hard to be cool that I looked like a derpy little shmerp. I think I was so afraid of be disliked that I completely gave up on trying to be happily myself, rather than who I thought I should be. (And apparently the person I thought I should be holds copies of TFIOS and puts them on Facebook. Hm.)

* * *

I know that wasn't a lot of things, but I figured I can only handle so many cringe moments at a time, and I was quickly reaching my limit, haha! I hope you enjoyed this little random post, and if you want, you can share some moments like these in the comments (please do so that I don't think I'm the only crazy one).

That is all.

Cheers,
Seana

Comments

  1. I can so relate to your cringe problems! Ugh, I still cringe at my old self (this is why I don't have selfies that are more than a few months old).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I'm a bit of a picture hoarder, so my camera roll is full of cringe-worthy moments. (:

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for commenting on this post. I love having conversations with you guys, so please be sure you check back for my reply. That way we can have a chat of epic proportions. (:

(Also, please keep your language clean so everyone can enjoy my blog. Thanks!)

Popular Posts