Updates: A Sunset, An Apology, and A Promise

Hello, lovelies!

Let me start this post out with a few sunset pictures I snapped while vacationing in Ludington, MI over the 4th of July weekend.



Ahh, sunsets. *le sigh*

* * *

And now for the apology portion of this post. I know, the last thing you want to hear is me saying that I was busy, stressed, blah, blah, blah, so I won't be doing that. Besides, I don't want to make a liar out of myself.

Truth be told, I've been doing okay. My anxiety has gone down massively these past few months, and I have to credit that to some good reading, late night conversations with friends, and one of those super complicated coloring books that have been all the rage. However, since I was concentrating so much on getting myself straightened out, I sort of put this blog on the back burner.


This blog has been a place where I like to put my thoughts and musings, but for the past few months, I've found I don't really have anything worthwhile to say. Which sounds ridiculous now that I think about it, but I've realized that I value quality over quantity. When I first started up my little corner of the internet, I put up four posts a week with no exceptions except if I was out of town or something along those lines. Those posts were random and a little rough around the edges, but I still smile when I look back because they remind me where I started.

I've also realized that I base a ton of importance on the number of comments I receive on a post. The same thing happens to me when I upload something on Instagram. Even though I try not to, I place a lot of anxiety in wondering how many people will respond to my posts and if I'll even get any feedback at all. It's a horrible cycle to fall into, and my sporadic posting habits lately aren't helping matters. I'm extremely grateful for those of you who have stuck with me since the beginning, the middle, or even just today. You're the reason I always come back, and I love you all so much.

* * *

I've also been taking some time to think about the content of my blog, and I'll propose a question to you here. (No, it's not the BIG question.)


Do you like reading more bookish related posts, or would you like to see more into my realm of beauty and fashion since for the past couple years I've been completely obsessed with improving my makeup techniques and compiling my favorite outfits and the like. Please let me know what you think, because as much as this blog is for me, it's also for you.

Ooh, actually, this brings me to another question. If we decide to implement things less book-related as I've been leaning a little bit, I think it would make a lot of sense to change my blog title as well. I've kept this blog title for years, thinking that it made more sense at the time than just having my name as the title. I've been writing down some ideas for blog titles, making them more related to myself than my current one (because while I'm a writer, I don't think I qualify as insane, haha). If you have any good blog title ideas, feel free to comment those as well.

* * *

And now, here's my promise. I have not been a very good blogger for the past year, I'd say, and I'm sure some of you have wondered if I've quit blogging permanently. The answer is no. But I promise that someday when I feel like it's time to move on, I will do a final post (and it won't be a prank this time, I swear) and let you know. I will not promise a rigid posting schedule, even though I want to get better, since I just don't think that would be fair to you if I can't pull my weight.

Anyway, if you've made it to the bottom of this post, I salute you and thank you for stopping by. You're all the real MVP's of this blog. (:

That is all.

Cheers,
Sea

PS: I hope you like the new blog template! I felt like the blog needed a mini makeover.

Comments

  1. I enjoy your bookish stuff, but I think you can totally do a mixture. :) There's probably also some really cool ways you could combine the two ideas - book-inspired makeup and outfits are the first thing that come to mind. But mainly, you should do what's best for you and what makes you happiest. Blogging is just a hobby for all of us, so it needs to be enjoyable and not stressful or a drag.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, that sounds like a really cool idea! It reminds me a little bit of how some Tumblr artists will take a Disney princess and modernize her style. And yes, you're so right. I'll always keep blogging as long as it's fun. (:

      Delete
  2. SEA!!! MY FABULOUS SEANA! YOU HAVE RETURNED! <3

    Yeah, I'm sure you needed to be informed of that. :P

    I'm so glad to hear that your anxiety has calmed down! That is the bestest news and it gives me hope concerning my own anxiousness. So, thank you. :) (Also, my dad did a thing for church about giving anxiety to God and I could email it to you, if you are interested.)

    I am excited to see what your future blog posts hold, darling. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HELLO! I'M SO GLAD TO BE BACK! (:

      Thank you so much! It's a long road, but I definitely think that anxiety can be battled, even if it seems overwhelming at times. (And yes, I'd love it if you emailed it to me!)

      I hope they hold lots of goodness and laughs! (:

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for commenting on this post. I love having conversations with you guys, so please be sure you check back for my reply. That way we can have a chat of epic proportions. (:

(Also, please keep your language clean so everyone can enjoy my blog. Thanks!)

Popular Posts