December + January Favorites (2016/17)


Hello, lovelies!

With Christmas being about a month in the past, and January almost over (eep!), I figured I would combine my favorites for both months into one big post. So if you'd like to know what I've been loving these past few months, just keep reading. (:

Music:

(NOTE: Since I have so many songs from these past few months, I won't be including a little blurb underneath them to describe the song itself/why I like them. Just know that some of these are pop songs and some are more indie sounding, but they're all amazing songs.)

"You Could Be Happy" by Snow Patrol


"Moondust" by Jaymes Young


"Dangerously" by Charlie Puth


"Atlantis" by Seafret


"Spirit Cold" by Tall Heights


"This Town" by Niall Horan


"Fragile" by Gnash ft. Wrenn


"Roses" by Shawn Mendes


Books:

Symptoms of Being Human by Jeff Garvin


If you love a good story that has a very interesting perspective on sexuality and fighting to find yourself in high school, you'll really like this book. I don't read a lot of LGBT+ centered books, just because I never hear about them that much, but I loved the story that the author told. Regardless of what you believe when it comes to sexualities, I think it's a great read, especially because it's not a book that's trying to change your beliefs, just help understand where other people come from.

Milk and Honey by Rupi Kaur


I am SUCH a poetry buff. This book was so beautifully written from the perspective of someone who's seen the worst when it comes to abuse, but she rises from the ashes in a way that's incredibly inspiring to see. Her poems are applicable to many people today, and she talks about beauty and the way women should be seen in general.

(To read more about these books, click HERE for my last From the Bookshelf.)

Fashion + Beauty:

Anastasia Modern Renaissance Palette


Eyeshadow palettes are one of the few things I can justify paying a high-end price for. I was watching makeup tutorials (they're my guilty pleasure, along with cooking shows), and I fell in love with the warm tones in this palette. The colors blend amazingly, and it's definitely perfect for travel since it's got all the colors you need in a nice, compact package. (Bonus: it comes with a dual-ended brush that's actually quite nice.)

Tarte Tarteist Pro Palette


Whoopsie, another eyeshadow palette! As much as I adore warm tones, I also love purples and matte shades. This palette has sixteen matte colors, along with four shimmery ones. I find this one takes a little bit more effort to blend out than my Anastasia one, but my love for purples rises above that. I know there was a little debate over a bad batch that came out, but my palette seems to be performing just fine.

L'Oréal Infallible Eyeshadow In "Amber Rush"


This is the first Infallible shadow I've tried from L'Oréal, but since it was so recommended by a lot of people, I took the plunge and bought it a while ago. I recently started using it more, and I realized just how stunning it is. It's a beautiful peachy, rose-gold tone, and it stays put on the eyes all day long, which is amazing since there's no way I have time to touch up my eyeshadow.

An Off-the-Shoulder Top



I have recently been obsessed with off-the-shoulder tops. While they're definitely not appropriate for school, I think there's something really summery and fun about them, which is why I bought it. This one specifically is a gorgeous dusty blue color with white stripes running up and down the fabric, and I think it's really flattering overall. It does have straps (underneath the model's hair in the picture), so there's no risk of accidental exposure, which I appreciate.

* * *

Well, those are all my favorite things for these past two months. If you made it to the end of this post, reward yourself with a high-five and a solid double thumbs up. Also, please feel free to let me know what you've been loving lately. (: I'm always on the hunt for new things to be obsessed with.

(On a side note, I've been thinking about posting an "Everyday Makeup Routine" of what I do to slay the day, so let me know if that sounds interesting at all.)

That is all.

Cheers,
Sea

Comments

Popular Posts