Winter is Coming

Yesterday, tiny little chunklets of ice clumped together into white balls of fluff fell to the ground, while its brethren, icy hail, decided to pierce me in the eye and invade my ears. I have to say, when I saw snow falling outside my window, I had a moment of extreme excitement, where I jumped up and down for ten minutes straight, screaming that there was gorgeous, fluffy snow coming down. I've never understood how some people see snow and think, "Oh no. Not snow. Please not snow. Who's big idea was snow anyway?" I suppose some people just aren't very tolerant of cold weather.

Yesterday was also Black Friday. The day where people attack each other over shoes, employees protest because of their work hours, innocent pedestrians get pepper sprayed. Fun stuff, aye? I am not a hardcore shopper, but I still like to go once and a while. There was a bunch of good deals yesterday, and my father said we could nose around for some stuff, but everything we bought would be for my birthday, and therefore I might not receive any presents on the day of my birthday. If that's confusing, basically it means I'm getting early birthday presents, and will receive a lot less on the day of my birthday. My dad told me how much we'd be spending, so I rationed it out carefully so as to have enough for Wish You Were Eyre, which I will put on my wish list. Sometimes I'm stunned at my random flashes of non-stupidity.

It seems to me that since Thanksgiving is over, it automatically means that people have the rights to blast Christmas music out of their speakers. Sure, I love Christmas as much as the next girl, but I won't tolerate Christmas tunes until the first of December, in which I break out the Christmas earrings, Christmas socks, and Christmas decorations. Heh.

That is all.

Comments

  1. I can't believe how fast Halloween and Thanksgiving went by so fast. And I love cold weather too. I just wishes it would snow here too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I AM IN LOVE WITH SNOW. OH BUT WAIT - WE DON'T HAVE ANY. CURSE THEE, UNIVERSE!

    Christmas is officially the best time of the year: jammies, early evenings, Wallace & Gromit and countless reruns of old comedies on the telly, hot chocolate, prezzies and, of course, enough food to kill a man. Ahhh (: Bliss.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Huzzah for Christmas, but I still stick with the idea that the tunes and whatnot should wait until December 1, my official Christmas season kick-off.

      Delete
  3. URGH...YOU LUCKY SNOW DUCK!!!!!!!!!
    Yes, I was riding in the car with my mom yesterday, and every channel was playing Christmas music. My two problems:
    a) It's too early.
    b) WHERE IS THE HANUKKAH MUSIC?!?!?!?!
    The strange thing is, though, I'm not Jewish--well, my dad is, but my mom is Catholic. However, I've always dreamed of buying a TV channel and showing Hanukkah specials instead of Christmas.
    Ahem, now I must go outside and scream at the weather gods. Can't the send some snow over here?!?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You poor thing. *pats shoulder sympathetically* Too bad I cannot teleport some snow to you. I'm not that magical yet.

      Delete
    2. *Sniffles* I think I shall have to go find a wizard to conjure up some snow for me. I wish I could do it myself, but, seeing as my Hogwarts letter got lost in the mail...

      Delete
    3. Yours too? Professor Macgonagall probably entrusted mine to Errol, and of course that means it probably won't get to me. Poor us! D:

      Delete
  4. Haha, how much snow do you get, Seana? I love snow, it's gorgeous, but when it's heavy (like the kind we get here) it gets considerably less awesome. Especially since we usually get 2-3 feet every snow storm and that constitutes a ridiculous amount of shovelling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We didn't get 2-3 feet, sadly. It was more of a dusting of snow, and there wasn't much of it. But it's still reason to start cheering like a maniac and running around catching them on your tongue. (:

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for commenting on this post. I love having conversations with you guys, so please be sure you check back for my reply. That way we can have a chat of epic proportions. (:

(Also, please keep your language clean so everyone can enjoy my blog. Thanks!)

Popular Posts