Controversial TFIOS

The Fault in Our Stars by John Green is one of the most wildly adored books recently.


And . . . dun dun dun . . .

It's going to be a movie!

It's a little old news by now, but the release date is June 6, which is coming up really fast. I'm pumped for the movie, but I'm really worried it won't live up to the book (as is the tragic case of most movie adaptations).

I've watched so many trailers and partial scenes that will be shown in the movie, and I can't say that I'm completely blown away. Yes, I love Gus, Hazel, Isaac, and everyone else. I think the actors's appearances match up pretty well with the book characters that I love, but I'm not so sure about the way they're portraying the characters.

Most of the scenes that I've seen had a very similar thing. The actors talked really fast. Now, it's not that I was expecting the actors to talk obnoxiously slow, but I feel like when you talk fast through an emotional line, the line loses some of the feeling behind it. It takes away from the words itself because you're more focused on just understanding instead of connecting to the words being said.

That being said, almost all of the dialogue that I've seen so far is completely accurate to the book. Which for a nerd like myself who pays very close attention to detail, that's amazing, because most movies don't do that, and seeing that the director and the author worked together to keep it authentic is awesome.

I'm just as excited for the TFIOS movie as most people are, but I'm trying really hard not to have my expectations set too high lest I be disappointed.

What do you think of the upcoming TIFOS movie?

That is all.

Cheers,
Sea

Comments

  1. My one comment is that often scenes can be kind of sped-up if it's supposed to be a short TV spot, so keep that in mind. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's true! I'd forgotten about that. (: Still, I do hope the TFIOS movie lives up to what I hope for!

      Delete
  2. I'm hoping that it's good, but I won't see the movie for awhile cause I'm getting my wisdom teeth out the day it comes out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, poor you! I wish you well on your journey to becoming a chipmunk face! (:

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for commenting on this post. I love having conversations with you guys, so please be sure you check back for my reply. That way we can have a chat of epic proportions. (:

(Also, please keep your language clean so everyone can enjoy my blog. Thanks!)

Popular Posts