In Which I Sing Beautifully (Hopefully)

Hello lovelies!

The end of the school year is always stressful. I'm about waist-deep in final projects that need to get done, and my inner procrastinating self isn't helping much. I'm 90% sure that all I do at the moment is study, do homework, eat, and drink an inhuman amount of coffee.

And today is a very big day. Verrrry big. Today some time after 4:30 I'll be auditioning for something at my school. It's a group of best of the best of people who can sing. It's called Living Hope. I've seen the things that this year's Living Hope group was capable of, and believe me, it's amazing. Every single guy and girl in the group did phenomenal. But, as the seniors have graduated, then there's room for new members in the group.

So today I'm auditioning to see if I can land a spot on the team. I'm not expecting much, really. Like tryouts for varsity tennis, it's very rare that a underclassman makes the team. There have been a few cases where an incoming sophomore makes the team, but it's not very likely. Nevertheless, I wanted to challenge myself and just sort of throw myself out there to get the experience.

The only trouble is, I get extremely nervous when I sing in front of people by myself. I might seem completely cool and confident on the outside, but on the inside I'm running circles in my head and mumbling gibberish. Usually nerves don't get the best of me. When I had a larger part in a play last year, my nerves didn't get in my way. However, if I get nervous when I'm singing, my voice freaks out and gets really tight and I end up sounding like a strangled squirrel. Not pretty.

So hopefully my voice will not freak out, and I'll at least sound decent. I'm going to just go out there and have fun and do my best (huzzah for cliché things!). If I end up sounding like a dying frog, well, there's always next year, eh? Let's hope I don't have to worry about that.

Wish me luck!

That is all.

Cheers,
Sea

Comments

  1. Good luck on your audition! (I hope you don't sound like a hyperventilating walrus.) May the spirit of One Direction be with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm grateful I wasn't at hyperventilating walrus status, but I did get a little nervous so my voice got a wee bit interesting. (:

      Delete
  2. Good luck, Sea!!!

    ~The Unstoppable Child

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck! What song are you singing?

    ~D. Skye <3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for commenting on this post. I love having conversations with you guys, so please be sure you check back for my reply. That way we can have a chat of epic proportions. (:

(Also, please keep your language clean so everyone can enjoy my blog. Thanks!)

Popular Posts