Bookish and Cake-ish Award Nonsense

So a little bit ago, the lovely Emily of Emily Etc. gave me two awards. TWO! *dramatically faints* Thanks much for the awards, Em! Without further ado, let's see what these awards have in store for us.


What would my book life be like? 
The one rule: you can't take your answer from the same book more than twice.

*whispers* For once I'm actually ecstatic about an award. This one seems super fun and I'm beside myself right now. It's like a fangirl's dream.

Who would be your father?

I choose Halt from the Ranger's Apprentice series. He's the king of witty remarks and he's amazing with the longbow. He has a slightly gruff manner, but that's just his way of showing how much he cares.


Who would be your mother? 

I can't bear the thought of Halt being married to anyone but Pauline, and she's so kind and lovely as well. So I choose Pauline, again from Ranger's Apprentice. (I promise, no more RA after this one.) She's such a down to earth person, and I feel like she'd be someone to turn to for anything.


Who would be your sister?

Vin from the Mistborn series. She's pretty amazing in the sense that she's a super powerful Mistborn and she can control different metal elements, but she also has a backbone of steel which I respect so much.





Who would be your brother?

Jace Herondale from The Mortal Instruments. He's sarcastic and would just be so much fun to hang out with, but he also genuinely cares deep down, which I think is huge for brother characteristics. He's also a pretty handy with a sword, so there is that.


Who/what would be your pet?

Simber from Unwanteds. He's essentially a massive, flying cheetah made of stone. I think it'd be hilarious if he landed in the parking lot and I just nonchalantly went, "Oh, my ride's here." He also talks and gives killer advice, so I say it'd be worth the space he'd take up.



Where would you live?

Sorry to my fictional family's hometowns, but I'm uprooting us and moving us to the Shire from Lord of the Rings. The landscape is just gorgeous, and I've always wanted to have Hobbits for neighbors.


Where would you go to school?

I'm off to Hogwarts! (Because, really. Who wouldn't want to go to a school full of magic and awesomeness?)




What would be your fictional job?

I'd be a Shadowhunter (Mortal Instruments series). Saving the world and kicking butt? I can do that.




Who would be your best friend?

Augustus Waters (The Fault In Our Stars). *sniff* I just feel like he'd be a really fun person to hang out with, and he seems like that kind of guy that you can talk to about anything and everything.




Who would be your significant other?

Will Herondale or Jem Carstairs (The Infernal Devices series). I tried. I really did try to narrow it down to one of these two, but I just can't. I love both of them for different reasons. Jem's so loving and gentle, but he's willing to put everything on the line for someone else without hesitation. Will's more daring and adventurous, but also has a vulnerable side to him.

I think if it came down to the wire, I'd pick Will. No, wait, I'd choose Jem. Will. Jem? *buries face in desk because the decision is too hard*


Jem (left) and Will (right)











And now that I've got an overwhelming amount of feels, it's time for the next award!



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



(No rules for this one! Just go for it!)

Flour
A book that was a little bit slow to start off but really picked up as it went along.

The Book Thief by Markus Zusak.


This book was a little difficult to get into, just because of the narrating style, but as I started getting into it, the plot became so amazing and gripping and I just adored it. For a historical fiction book, it did perfectly in keeping me engaged and making me fall in love with the characters and atmosphere.



Butter
A book that had a really rich and great plot.

The Accidental Hero series by Matt Myklusch.


This series is one of my all time favorites. The depth of the plot and all of the twists that the author put in there made it so much fun to read and the surprises kept me guessing. I also adored the characters and all of their witty dialogue which really added to the book overall.




Eggs
A book you thought was going to be bad but actually turned out really enjoyable.

Monsters of Men by Patrick Ness. (Book #3 in the Chaos Walking trilogy)


I was expecting very little out of this book. The first two books in this series were pretty bland except for a few parts in each book, so I expected this book to be the same. However, this book, unlike the other two in the trilogy, was pretty good overall. I loved some of the dialogue that the characters had, and I finally felt like the people in the book had a firm stand on their morals and motives. It was a nice surprise for me reading this book and discovering something I wasn't expecting.


Sugar
A sugary/sweet book.

This Is What Happy Looks Like by Jennifer E. Smith.


This book just radiates cuteness. It's cheesy in every way possible, but it was the cutest thing I've ever read. I just loved the characters and how they were like real people, but they still had their issues they had to resolve. I just wanted to hug and squeeze the book because it was so adorable.



Icing
A book that covered every single element that you enjoy about a book (funny moments, action moments, sad moments, etc.)

The Infernal Devices and The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare.


Okay, I know this is way more than just one book, but this is a series that I adored. They're full of amazing characters, gripping plot twists, and a setting that's unexpected, but still atmospheric and fitting. The final books in both The Infernal Devices series and The Mortal Instruments series had me almost beside myself because I was so sad/excited/mad, which is something that very rarely happens  for me unless a book is really good.



Sprinkles 
A book series that you can kind of turn back to for a little pick me up when you're feeling down.

The Mother-Daughter Book Club series by Heather Vogel Frederick.


I read these books in middle school, and the plot and characters never fail to cheer me up. They all struggle with things, but the girls in the books always manage to find a way to stay on top of things and they always stick together no matter what. (On a side note, apparently the author is writing another book in this series. *le fangirl squeal* Hopefully it's a good one!)





The Cherry on Top
Your favourite book this year so far.

Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare. (Book 3 in the Infernal Devices trilogy.)


This book had me hardcore fangirling. This series is a prequel series to The Mortal Instruments, but unlike most prequels, this trilogy was amazing. I loved how little things connected to the main series, but how this series stood alone as well. The characters are so individual and unique, and the plot was fantastic. It was a little dark at times, but I found I didn't mind because the author weaved everything together so well.




The Nominees For Both Awards:


Since I had much fun doing this award, I feel like some lucky bloggers ought to have the joy of doing these as well.

I nominate the following lovely bloggers:

- Sunny of A Splash of Ink

- Cait and Mime of The Notebook Sisters
- Sky of Further Up and Further In
- Amy-Anne of The Blog Hermit
- Treskie of Occasional Randomness

And of course, for you lovely readers, feel free to answer some of the Book Life Tag questions yourself! Who would your fictional family be? Where would you live? Do you have a fictional certain someone in mind? Leave a comment below so I can see what your fictional dream life is like!

That is all.


Cheers,

Seana

Comments

  1. After the Bookish Life Tag, Hogwarts is going to find an extreme spike in its student numbers .... because where else would anyone choose?? ;) Apart from HP and The Book Thief - and LotR and TFIOS, of course - I've not read any of these books. I REALLY want to read Mistborn though. So much. So so much.

    For my "sweet sugary book" I couldn't think of anything but obviously the answer is Jennifer E Smith! Have you read The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight? It was adorable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hogwarts is pretty much everyone's dream school. (: Mistborn is so good! If you get the chance to read it you should do it.

      I haven't read that one actually. I'm new to her books, but I'll definitely check it out when I'm in the mood of a sprinkle of cute.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for commenting on this post. I love having conversations with you guys, so please be sure you check back for my reply. That way we can have a chat of epic proportions. (:

(Also, please keep your language clean so everyone can enjoy my blog. Thanks!)

Popular Posts