Things Boys Don't Understand

Hello, lovelies!

It's been a bit since my last post, but I'm back and full of inspiration! Sometimes I just need a little hiatus from blogging to recharge and get some fresh ideas, but I have missed you guys loads.

Today's post hit me a day or two ago when I was hanging with some of my guy friends, and one of them made the comment, "Why do girls go to the bathroom in groups? That doesn't even make any sense." I had to explain the whole mechanics behind it, and that started me thinking about all of the other things guys just don't understand.

So if you're a guy, consider this my fountain of knowledge being shared with you, and if you're a girl, feel free to nod vigorously and cheer.

Let's get going, shall we?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

1.) Why Girls Take Forever To Get Ready

As girls, we get a lot of complaints from the male folk about how long we take to get ready for either a night out or even in the morning. But you see, there's a whole science to getting ready. You gotta do the hair, the nails, the outfit, the makeup, and everything else that goes into looking nice.


Say you give us six hours to get ready. We're gonna use those six hours. All of it. Every second. We need three hours to socialize, two hours to actually do stuff, and one hour to panic because something went wrong. Our "getting ready" time is like this sacred zen time where we get into the zone. And if there's more than one girl getting ready, consider the time needed doubled or tripled. We can't get ready in a stressful environment so we take as long as humanly possible.

2.) You Have To Be Gentle

I get it. You and your guy friends tackle and punch each other and it's all good fun. But not all girls like to be bro punched, 'kay? So unless she's a hardcore boxing machine, take it easy. We like to pretend we're ultra tough, but we're not exactly Iron Man.

3.) We Care About Your Clothes

If a girl tells you she thinks you look nice, take note! We don't compliment guys's fashion choices all of the time, so if she says she likes that red shirt of yours, then you should sit up and pay attention. We like it when guys put in an effort to look nice. Sure, the sweatshirt and jeans look is cute, but if a guy takes some time to put on a nice shirt, that's pretty attractive.

I'm not the only one who thinks these:


and these:


are ultra good looking. It's just science. If you roll up your sleeves to the elbows or rock a baseball style shirt, I'm going to be very impressed.

4.) Cryptic Texts

Alright so I'm pretty sure we've all given at least one guy a text that's pretty noncommittal and just isn't easily responded to. There's a reason we do this. We systematically plan out every text before we send it, because we want to make sure we're sending the right message. If I want to make it clear where we stand, my texts are going to reflect that. But if it seems like I'm being dodgy or you just can't tell how I feel about you, it's probably because I don't know how I feel about you either. I'm just testing the waters and texting in a way that shows maybe I'm interested, but at the same time maybe I'm not.


5.) Hair

Guys just don't understand the magic that is someone playing with your hair.


Like it is the most amazingly blissful feeling ever.  But if I worked really hard on my hair and it's either a.) up or b.) curled, then no touchy. No windows down and no touchy. If my hair's just in a ponytail or looks messy anyway, then sure. Roll down those windows and go nuts, by all means.

6.) Why Girls Go To the Bathroom In Groups

Besides the fact that Hermione got attacked by a troll when she went alone, it's a way for us to escape and talk about random stuff without people overhearing. 90% of the time we talk about guys in the bathroom, because where else are we going to be able to discuss you without you hearing? And if you're wondering what exactly we talk about concerning guys, that's secret information. Can't let you in on all the good stuff, now can we?

7.) Breaking a Nail


Besides the fact that we just broke a nail that probably looked fabulous, that stuff hurts. And after it breaks, what are you supposed to do? You either have to put something fake on it (gross) or cut them all and start over. That takes forever.

Imagine if you were growing out this super sweet haircut of yours, and then someone just came in the middle of the night and shaved off half of it. You'd be pretty upset, right? Well, add in the pain factor and you'll understand the nail breakage problem.

8.) The Dreaded Friendzone (Dun Dun Dunnn)

If a girl friendzones you, it's not because you're a bad human. It's because either a.) she's distracted by someone else, b.) you're a lil' bit awkward, or c.) you're not making a move to prove you want to be more than friends. (Or maybe all three.) Girls read into the subtle signs, and we can tell from what you do and say where you want the relationship to stand. If we see you treating us like you treat everyone, we're going to assume you just wanna be buds and get on with our lives. It doesn't matter how nice you are; unless you make a move, we're not going to immediately think, yeah I wanna date that one. We don't friendzone guys to make them feel bad. We might not interested and/or we assume you're not interested either.



9.) Smelling Good



Girls like guys who don't have hygiene issues. If I'm walking behind you in the hallway and suddenly my eyes start to water and I have a coughing fit, that's not a good sign. If a guy smells good without smelling like an Axe commercial, that makes them instantly ten times more attractive. (It's especially so if a guy's hair smells good, but who honestly knows how to smell someone's hair without being creepy?)

10.) We Like Little Things

And when I say little things, I mean little things. Sure, we like the occasional jumbo teddy bear and being serenaded in the moonlight, but little things are the best. For example, a handwritten note. Those are one of the best things you could ever give a girl. We love it when guys are chivalrous and hold open doors or help us carry something we're struggling with. So you don't have to go out of your way to write a message in the sky with a little airplane. Just let us borrow your jacket if we're cold and it'll be just as good, if not better. (I'm not kidding. Wearing someone's too big sweatshirt is the most comfortable thing ever. And if you followed #9, then a sweatshirt that smells good is the most amazing borrowed present.)


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

So there you have it! Ten things that boys don't understand about girls. I hope you enjoyed this post, and leave a comment below telling me if you did, and some other things you think guys don't understand.

That is all.

Cheers,
Sea

Comments

  1. YES!!!

    The sleeves rolled up to the elbows... be still my beating heart!

    ~The Unstoppable Child

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *does a happy dance inspired by the rolled up sleeves*

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness. YES!!! And number 3... Arrghhh! The guy I like has a really good sense of style and I really want to complement him on it. He always looks like the first picture in #3.
    This is one of my favorite posts that you've done. :)

    ~D. Skye <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, you picked a good one then! (: If a guy has a nice sense of style it's instantly eye catching.

      Aw, so glad you enjoyed!

      Delete
  3. YESSSSS THIS IS AWESOME I AM HAPPY. SO TRUE. JSKDKALSOJSNSMSK BOYS WITH NICE HAIR YES. AND STYLE YES. *THUD*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I FORGOT THE NICE HAIR! *facepalm* Quiffs on guys are amazing.

      Delete
  4. HA best post EVER.
    SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO TRUE.
    In EVERY. SINGLE. WAY.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The hair picture haha, I can't tell if that dog is enjoying what's going on or hating it!
    Anyway, I just thought I'd drop by to let you know that I tagged you in a post of mine to come up with your top five fictional destinations and write a post about it :) Feel free to check it out here: http://julyaemmance.blogspot.com/2014/11/top-5-fictional-places-i-would-like-to.html
    - July

    ReplyDelete
  6. why why WHY are guys' hoodies so much more comfortable?? Gaahhh it's the most attractive thing to give a girl your hoodie when she's cold. WE'RE JUST SAYIN'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I swear they're made of the comfiest stuff on earth. (:

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for commenting on this post. I love having conversations with you guys, so please be sure you check back for my reply. That way we can have a chat of epic proportions. (:

(Also, please keep your language clean so everyone can enjoy my blog. Thanks!)

Popular Posts