A Terrible, Awful Thing + Updates

Hello, lovelies!

Guess who didn't blog the entire month of August?


Oops! I was feeling very unmotivated and blah this August, and I prefer do quality over quantity. But I'm feeling a wee bit more inspired now, and I have some post ideas ready to roll.

Anyway, first things first, I start school up again tomorrow. (Which is also not ideal.) Junior year, baby! I took care of the picture taking and all that jazz today, and got the good ol' laptop back in my hands. HOWEVER. I have run into an issue. The little USB thing that I've been saving files to since middle school has ceased to function.


This means that everything on it, including old photos, school projects that I like to reminisce about (because my voice in recordings is hilarious to me), AND every single short story/unfinished novels I've been working on are gone. Unless there's some way to recover data off of a botched USB, I can't get those things back. And I'm a very sentimental hoarder. It makes me so sad to lose of all those old things that I've had for years. The worst part is that I'm pretty sure I'm the one who broke it by accident. When I was last saving things to it, I'm guessing somehow I bumped it and scratched the surface of the part that goes into my computer, damaging it beyond the point where a computer could still recover the data. To say the least, this is not how I wanted my day to go. If you have any ideas of how to still save the little tidbits that are on my USB, please leave a comment. Else I might have to just go cry in sadness over losing pictures of myself wearing a matching fuzzy pink pair of sweatpants and sweatshirt.

On to other topics, either today or tomorrow I'm going to be updating my blog design, which is always a fun time. I'm thinking of going with more of a fall theme, but I'm very excited to give this blog a new little color palette. So get pumped!


Also, I don't know if all of you will remember, but last year I did a little guest post series called Guestober (which is  a little mashup of "Guest" and "October" if you're wondering. Guest being my guest posters, and October being the month this took place). Basically that consisted of me gathering up a group of bloggers and having a new person write a guest post for my blog every week. Well, unfortunately, this year Guestober is not going to happen. I didn't have enough time to round up enough people, and at this point, it wouldn't be fair to my guests to push them into getting a post up for me within a month or so since inspiration is a wily little gremlin, and you can't force genius. So there will be no Guestober this year, and I'm a little sad, since I have met a bunch of new lovely people who I'd love to have post.

The Guestober thing COULD change, if a bunch of you are really excited about it and a bunch of you are also willing to come up with a post short notice for me, but that's a lot of if's, so don't bank on it.

* * *

Well now that I've gotten that all out of my system, I have a question for you. What kind of posts that I do are your favorite? Do you prefer bookish posts, like my From the Bookshelf posts where I tell you the books I've been reading recently? Do you like the posts where I do #AskSeana? Or are you more into tags/award posts? Those are just examples of course, I'm sure some of you just like my little life updates and list-filled posts. Leave me a comment, because I'd love to know. (:

That is all.

Cheers,
Sea

Comments

  1. I'd be happy to guest post again if you're going to Guestober again! (Pssh, my whole life is on short notice)

    I'm really sorry about your USB... I know I'd totally freak out if that happened. Unfortunately I have no idea what tech is. So. Can't help you there.

    I love your little life updates and list-filled posts and #AskSeana posts and tags and awards so more of those, please:) And I'm looking forward to the new fall design:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know! (: Thank you. We'll see if Guestober lifts off the ground this year or not.

      I may have shed a tear or two. But perhaps it was for the best. I need to get over my virtual hoarding habits. (Heh, whoops!)

      Thanks for letting me know! (: I have a few tag ideas in mind for future posts.

      Delete
  2. I'd love to do a guest post for you!
    Sorry about the USB, is there a store you could take it to that might be able to help?
    I love the tags and your updates and list filled posts. I also like the beauty posts you've done :)
    -also, I'm more than pumped for your Autumn design!
    -Cait xx

    Passionate-mind.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Thanks for letting me know. (: Still unsure if Guestober will happen, but I'll keep you updated!

      Hmm, that's a good idea. I'm just not sure what store to bring it do that's around me, but hopefully I'll figure something out.

      I have in mind some "What's In My Closet?" inspired posts; would that interest you? Also, thanks much for your feedback. (:

      The Autumn design is here! Not much, but a change in background and colors always is a nice change.

      Delete
  3. I'm so sorry about you losing your files! That sort of thing SUCKS. But in the future you'll remember, and BACK THEM UP IN MORE THAN ONE PLACE!

    I would love to do a guest post! (I mean, I say that now ... I'm pretty busy with school, but I'm suuure I could get something for you in three weeks!)

    I like all your posts; I like how there's a mix of books, life, fashion etc. Keep doing what you're doing! :)

    Also, I made that vlog I was talking about! And I'm running an Int. giveaway so check it out :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I've been kicking myself for not saving them elsewhere. *cries melodramatically*

      Thanks! I don't think Guestober will be an option this year, but thank you for offering. (:

      Haha, thanks, lovely. I shall do just that!

      I SAW YOUR VLOG! ALSKDFSDLH YOU WERE NOT AT ALL WHAT I IMAGINED IN MY HEAD BUT YOU ARE JUST AS FABULOUS. (:

      Delete
    2. Hahaha what were you imagining? XD

      Delete
    3. I felt like you were a blonde for some reason. (Not because you act like a stereotypical dumb blonde.) You just seem really bright and chipper sometimes which for some reason I associate with blondes. (:

      Delete
    4. Haha, that's so funny! No. Definitely not blonde.

      Delete
    5. Hey, brunette isn't bad! (: My hair is dark, and I mean DARK. Which makes me sad because I'd love to have highlights, but I'm scared of damaging my hair or having it get weird after lightening it.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for commenting on this post. I love having conversations with you guys, so please be sure you check back for my reply. That way we can have a chat of epic proportions. (:

(Also, please keep your language clean so everyone can enjoy my blog. Thanks!)

Popular Posts