Maybe She Never Did: A Poem

Hello, lovelies!

It's a poem post today. Being sick this past month has given me a lot of time to think, and that thinking brought me here, to this poem, which is inspired but someone I actually know.

Feel free to leave me feedback in the comments as always.

* * *

She doesn't know him anymore,
But maybe she never did.
He'll make a joke and glance her way,
But his gaze will never stay.
She doesn't love him enough to try,
To show the truth hidden behind her eyes.
And he's never loved her enough to ask why,
Even as her lips mouthed, "Goodbye."
His heart is indecisive,
The way it's always been.
But she yearns for solidarity,
Something she knows he'll never give.
He once tried to take her hand,
And tell her all would be fine.
But fine was something he couldn't promise,
Not when what she needed was time.
She doesn't know him anymore,
And maybe she never did.
He'll show her the world and smile her way,
But his smile will always fade.

* * *

Cheers,
Seana

Comments

  1. Aw this is so good! I love how creative you are Sea! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is this about anyone you know?? We should totally have a poetry party Seana!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, actually, it is. I'd totally be down for a poetry party! (: We can drink hot cocoa and sit by a bonfire whilst creating genius poetry.

      Delete
  3. *Wipes tears away*

    ~D. Skye <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *hands you a tissue box and an invisible teddy bear*

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for commenting on this post. I love having conversations with you guys, so please be sure you check back for my reply. That way we can have a chat of epic proportions. (:

(Also, please keep your language clean so everyone can enjoy my blog. Thanks!)

Popular Posts