(#2) Excerpts From A Book I'll Never Write


Hello, lovelies!

I recently did a post like this maybe about a month ago (click HERE to read it), and the response I got to that post through comments and emails was overwhelmingly sweet. And since I've just been so inspired this past month to write these little excerpts, I figured I'd compile them in this post.

If you're unfamiliar with this idea, it's basically a collection of thoughts and truths that I've collected over my life, and each one corresponds to a much longer chain of events that could fill a book. But the catch is that I'm not sharing the whole book: it's more like I'm giving you the punchline alone.

So without further ado, here are more excerpts from a book I will never write.

* * *

"When you have to make a huge life decision, take some time to think about what you're leaning towards, then sleep on it for a night or two before following through."
- Make sure your choice doesn't change like the wind.


"I lost myself trying to be who he wanted me to be."
- I will never be that girl again.


"If someone tells you they love you and all you can say is, 'Why?' then you have not learned to love yourself."
- Until you reach that place, your heart has no room for two.


"That's the thing about stars: they're constant and chaotic all at once."
- I think people are like that too.


"Sadness is okay."
- Feel free to turn yourself into a blanket burrito.


"It's so strange to me that you were once simply a face in a crowd and nothing more."
- Now you're the face I look for in a crowd.


"Follow your heart. (But if your heart is being an idiot, follow your brain.)"
- You can't rely on just one.


"I wish I could look my past self in the face and wipe the running streaks off mascara off her cheeks. I wish I could hold her and tell her that it's all going to be okay, that her heaving sobs will quiet and her lungs won't feel choked anymore. And then I'd tell her the stories of today with a huge smile on my face, and she'd laugh when I showed her pictures from a future she never thought she'd have."
- Everything happens for a reason.


"Watching someone's eyes light up when they talk about something they love is one of the most beautiful and pure things in this world."
- Passionate people are lovely.


"And suddenly home didn't just refer to the building I come back to every day."
- It was a person too.


* * *

That is all.

Cheers,

Comments

Popular Posts