I Wish: A Poem

Hello, lovelies!

April is halfway over, and I just realized that this month is actually National Poetry Month. Being the poetry fanatic that I am, this made me so ridiculously excited, especially because it means I have even more reason just to write poetry and be inspired.

So this is my latest composition. Feel free as always to leave your thoughts in a comment or through any of my social media links. (:

* * *


"I Wish"

I wish you could see the way your eyes light up,
When you smile that big smile of yours,
The way they crinkle in the corners
And happiness seems to shine around you.

I wish you could hear the passion in your voice
When you talk about something you like.
The way it rises and falls so freely
In a mesmerizing cadence of sound.

I wish you could feel how gentle your hands become
When you tuck them securely around mine.
The way they dance across my skin so naturally
Like the sun's teasing lilt across the sky.

I wish you could listen to the way you laugh
When something funny catches you unexpectedly.
The way your whole body shakes
As if you could laugh forever.

I wish you could touch the deep-rooted strength I see in you
When your eyes are broken and sad.
The way your heart continues to steadily beat
Even when darkness seems close at hand.

Those are a lot of things that I wish were true,
But there's one more I have for you.

I wish I could be your mirror
When you feel like nothing is right.
Then maybe you'd be able to see the things I do,
And you'd remember that in shadow there is always light.

* * *

That is all.

Cheers,

Comments

Popular Posts