#AskSeana (#5): Crushes, Zombie Apocalypses, and Drawings


Hello lovelies!

I felt like since it's been a month or so since my last Q&A, it was about time I bring it back. So. Let's go, shall we?

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Hi Seana! Just wanted to ask you how you're doing! You've seemed a little sad, so I hope your'e feeling better. :)

Aw, you're so sweet! I'm actually doing so much better lately. I don't know if you read this post from a while back, when I was having some guy troubles amongst other things, but just recently this entire ordeal was solved and I'm feeling so much better. About a week ago I was given a handwritten letter of apology from the guy who I hadn't spoken to in a year, and I wrote one of my own back. It was just really good for both of us to get things out in the open, and we had a heart to heart a few days ago.

I just realized that life is way too short for two people to just stop talking and for me to remain angry. I don't think we'll ever be best friends like we used to be, but I can say that I feel so relieved to finally have closure and finally have my questions answered. It feels like a million weights have suddenly been thrown off of me, and I wanna go dance somewhere and frolic in a meadow.

What's your current favorite song?

I'm so obsessed with the song "Wildest Dreams" by Taylor Swift. It's from her 1989 album, and I've had it on repeat lately. I also like her song "Bad Blood". I couldn't find an actual video of the song, but I did find an amazing cover of it by Madilyn Bailey.


I actually just heard this song today, but I really also love Shawn Mendes's song "Stitches". He's a relatively new artist, and I adore his songs so much. His voice is so dreamy, and this song is a pretty good song to dance.



Any book recommendations? I'm stuck!

Read the Mortal Instruments. Please. It's an amazing series, and the prequel series of the Infernal Devices is even better. Those books are really close to my heart, and I just adore them. The plot, the characters, and all of the emotions are just . . . *le book lover sigh*



These are pretty hardcore fantasy books, and the Infernal Devices can be a little bit dark, so if you're not into that, I recommend either the Selection trilogy. It's still really good, but the topic is a little bit lighter.


How old were you when you first started wearing makeup? Also what's one makeup product that you can't live without?

I think the first time I actually started wearing makeup on a more regular basis was the summer before my eighth grade year. I was probably thirteen about then. I wouldn't go as far as to say I can't live without this makeup item, but mascara is probably my most loved product. I have fairly small eyes, and it just helps me to look a little less tired in the morning.

What is your crush like?! All the juicy details please!

Oh, you guys. I can't say that I really have a definite crush right now. There was one guy that I'd been crushing on for a while, but things just aren't really going anywhere with him, so I don't think I'm going to go after him since I feel like we're better off as friends, you know? But I've noticed that most of my past crushes and present generally have blue, green, or somewhere in between colored eyes. What can I say? I'm a sucker for pretty eyes.

To prove my point, here is an irrelevant picture of Zac Efron with a kitten.


Who is your current favorite YouTuber?

danisnotonfire (yes, that's his actual channel name) is a pretty awesome YouTuber who I discovered recently, and I also just found his friend AmazingPhil's channel. They're both hilarious, and I love how nerdy they are. They don't care what people think of them, and I think that's awesome, especially for someone living in today's society.


My favorite part about these two? They share an apartment AND they make videos together. So it's like taking the most hilarious thing ever, combining that with the second most hilarious thing ever, and SHAZAM you have the best thing to ever exist.


(And they sometimes draw cat whiskers on themselves. Which is amazing and I love it. I hope they don't ever change.)

How do you stay so positive?

I just feel really gross if I'm being negative and complaining, and also, I try to think about how other people feel if they had to put up with me being a downer. So for the sake of others and myself, I just feel like being positive is the best way to go about things. Stop doing things to please other people, and live your life in a way that makes the bright side shine even brighter.

Do you hear that? That's the sound of my happiness shooing away the haters.
Would you survive a zombie apocalypse and/or the Hunger Games?

Um. Duh. I might seem like a delicate flower, but when my adrenaline kicks in, you better watch your back. I'm that type of person when they get in an intense situation where they become ultra calm, but could also flip a car over if I need to. I feel like I'm a very strategic person, and I could calculate how best to go about things.

But, if things did go south, I can sprint pretty well, so they might not catch up to me for a few hours hopefully. I'm 90% sure that I could bean somebody with a rock if they did catch up, so I would survive like you wouldn't believe.

Can we see some of your artwork again?

Of course! I haven't had the chance to really sit down and draw a whole ton lately, but I do have a few sketches I did a while ago when I was bored.


"Darling"

I was inspired by a picture I saw, and I just had to draw my own version. This picture just makes me happy to look at. Not only because hey, it's a cute couple being cute, but also because for once I drew a guy whose hair actually looked like guy hair. *victory dance* You wouldn't believe how hard guy hair and noses in general are. And hands. Good thing the guy's hands are in his pockets, eh?


"Fearless"

I explained my love for the Mortal Instruments earlier on in this post, and this was inspired by those. In those books, there are markings called Runes that can be drawn on a person to give them a certain attribute. For example, if you need to see in the dark, there are runes to improve your night vision for a while. Same goes for healing or speed. There is also a rune called the Fearless Rune, and I drew it here based off of what my searches found. I think it's really cool, and would make a sweet tattoo idea if I was into that kind of thing.


"You Are Loved"

I actually made this sometime last year, and I still love it. Basically what I did was take a bunch of "Hello My Name Is . . . " stickers, and wrote insults and things we either call ourselves or have been called. And then over top of all of the hateful words, I spray-painted the word "Loved" in gold letters. Because in reality, regardless of your labels and the things you've been told, you are loved.

What is your favorite hairstyle to wear and/or piece of clothing?

My favorite hairstyle to wear is definitely a curled ponytail. I like having most of my hair out of my face sometimes, because it's a really easy way for me to get ready in the morning, and it's also really cute. I don't wear my hair like this a lot, since wearing it down is usually all I have time for, but I still love how it looks.


I'm also super obsessed with skater skirts and leather jackets. Skirts are amazing for the days you don't feel like dealing with pants, and leather jackets just make you look like an awesome biker chick and they have such an edgy vibe to them.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

That's all the questions I think we have time for today. Please feel free to send me questions for my next Q&A using #AskSeana on Twitter, or by simply emailing, commenting, or contacting me through any of my social media links. Hope you enjoyed!

That is all.

Cheers,
Sea

Comments

  1. I loved your 26 Harmless Pranks to Pull in an Elevator and 17 Harmless Pranks in a Store Posts. Can you make another one? Please? #AskSeana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll deifnitely try my best to have another one of those up sometime! (:

      Delete
  2. HEY HEY HEY so I've been on unplanned hiatus due to the life-deciding exams that start in 19 days (me? Panicking? Haha no!!) but I'm so happy to read some of this blog once more. OK so firstly THAT APRIL FOOLS SEANA HOW COULD YOU! It made me v sad. I will never trust you again. Apart from that, how are you?? How is life, school, etc? I read the post linked in the first question and I am so sorry how things have turned out -- but a hand-written letter sounds like the best possible end to a messy situation. Things will probably never be how they were before, but at least he's had the decency to give you closure and explain himself. That way, you can stop torturing yourself and wondering if it's your fault. I am no stranger to these feelings: the constant worry that I'm not good enough, that people are only humouring me/just being nice to me, etc ... but I'm really glad you can leave those behind you.

    I love the poem you shared! It was pretty fab. Also your drawings. Sneaky move there with the hands in pockets! My drawings always tend towards hands in pockets .... or else just trailing off at the wrist when I can't be bothered! Hands are so hard. I need hand classes. For real.

    That Legolas picture is fabulously appropriate. Also Orlando Bloom. Um. Hehehehehe.

    I hope that everything is all right with you, especially tennis! I will definitely come back here soon - not sure when, but I have not abandoned the blogosphere for good! (If you thought you were getting rid of me ... you would be so lucky.)

    Love,
    Emily x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eep! I wish you luck and a thousand magical llamas in hopes that your tests go well! But yes, a hand-written apology was the last thing I was expecting. Like, hello, you ignored me for a year. A text message isn't going to cut it. The closure that came with that note was the most amazing thing ever. I stopped hating myself over something that he'd admitted was not at all my fault, and I finally understood what had been going on in his mind. We had a deep heart to heart after I sent my own note in response. And while he's never going to be the same person in my eyes as he was, at least we're back on speaking terms and I don't have to mope like a lost Eeyore. (:

      Thank you! I found a bunch of old drawings in a drawer the other day, and I laughed because all of the people had their hands behind their backs. Casually of course. I can draw either super detailed up-close hands, or blobby stubs at the end of arms. There is no in between, sadly. But if I see a hand-drawing seminar class I shall sign us both up and we can party hard and agonize over attempting to draw fingers.

      Legolas is flawless. Pretty sure he just outfabs his enemies and the bow and arrows are just for show. Orlando Bloom is kind of amazing.

      I did end up dropping tennis, and it's been so relieving not have the pressure of snobbish girls along with the pressure of the sport. I have so much time for activities now! (i.e. Thinking I should go running, not running, reading books instead, all that good stuff.)

      Hope you're having a lovely day! Tell me something fun thats happening! Boys, perhaps? *wink wink nudge nudge* (: Glad you're still around the blogosphere!

      Delete
    2. A thousand magical llamas? That would be really handy actually. Thank you.

      I'm v glad that you don't have to be a lost Eeyore. Be Tigger! Or better, Pooh. I will be Piglet.

      No in between. Absolutely. I can copy from photos but ask me to make up something that looks real? Hahaha no.

      Legolas' strongest weapon is his fabness, I agree. Orlando Bloom is basically perfect. As Will Turner ... can we just take a moment?

      Yay! That is me also.
      Me: ~wakes up~
      I should work out
      or
      I could read a book
      or get breakfast
      or read a book while getting breakfast.
      But I should really work out.
      ...
      ...
      ...
      I think I'll read a book while getting breakfast.

      Ummmmm. Something fun ... well ... I ... didn't go to school today because I have a sore throat?? Um, yeah. Not exactly top class fun. There is zero boy chat and for this I am sorry. Except for one major plus which is that the lonely violin solo is turning into more of a dancing reel/happy Scottish fiddle. After being Eponine for almost three years I AM ALMOST FREE! THE SHACKLES FALL AWAY! COME, FRIVOLITY! COME, COME!

      In other news I am rereading Percy Jackson. No regrets.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for commenting on this post. I love having conversations with you guys, so please be sure you check back for my reply. That way we can have a chat of epic proportions. (:

(Also, please keep your language clean so everyone can enjoy my blog. Thanks!)

Popular Posts