From the Bookshelf #11


* * *



The Selection Series by Kiera Cass
Star Ratings:
The Selection: 4
The Elite: 4
The One: 4
Genre: Fantasy, Dystopian
Notes
I'd heard so much about the Selection series, but I never got around to them for a long while. I must say, it was a lovely series. I felt like the first one was a little info-dumpy at the beginning, but the series rounded out nicely. None of the books really completely blew me away, but it was enjoyable nonetheless. I was a little upset because of all the unanswered questions, but perhaps those will be answered in the companion/sequel/thing called The Heir.


Unwanteds: Island of Shipwrecks by Lisa McMann
Star Rating: 4
Genre: Fantasy
Notes:
This is book #5 in the Unwanteds series. I was so, so unbelievably excited for this book in the series, but I was pretty disappointed. I mean, it was good and all, but it wasn't heart-stopping adventure like the last two books before it, so I wasn't completely loving it as much as I'd hoped I would.


The Blood of Olympus by Rick Riordan
Star Rating: 3
Genre: Fantasy
Notes:
This is the final book in the Heroes of Olympus series. I really liked his Percy Jackson series, but this series fell flat to me. There was too much miraculous saving happening with no explanation, and there's only so many times you can make cheesy jokes and try to make prophetic deadlines work. I wasn't really impressed, but I was hoping Riordan would make this last book worthwhile.

- - -

Well. Those are the books that I had my hands on for the last little bit. If you have any recommendations for books I should read, please let me know!

That is all.

Cheers,
Sea

Comments

Popular Posts