Seana's Summer Playlist (2015)

Well, would you look at that. It's summer again. Which means I have more songs that I'm obsessed with, and more songs that I'm sharing with you. Huzzah! These are going to be my top ten songs of summer so far, and I'll include a music video or lyric video with each one so that you can listen to them too.

* * *

1.) "Stitches" by Shawn Mendes


This song is just my dance party song. I love how upbeat the music is, and I think the lyrics are well written as always. Good work, Shawn.

2.) "Somebody To You" by The Vamps (ft. Demi Lovato)


This song just makes me think of summer nights. Maybe that's just the music video talking, but I think it's perfect for just hanging outside.

3.) "Black Magic" by Little Mix


Okay. The music video for this is ADORABLE. (Also, the song is super catchy.)

4.) "I Wanna Fly" by Trevor Moran



This song is my jam right now. The chorus has some gorgeous sounding parts to it, and I love the lyrics in the chorus. I really love listening to this song if I'm feeling overwhelmed because it makes me feel like I could fly.

5.) "Don't Wait" by Joey Graceffa


I didn't put the actual music video in this post because it might offend some people depending on what you believe about LGBT things, but the the theme of the song is really amazing regardless. It's about not waiting for the world to be ready for what you want to do with your life and I love that.

6.) "Elastic Heart" by Sia


(This is a cover by Madilyn Bailey, because she did an AMAZING version of this song,and I'm obsessed.)

7.) "Bright" by Echosmith


This song so cute. I love what they did for the music video, keeping it light and airy just like the song. I think my favorite part about it is the references they make to stars and planets, because the universe has always fascinated me.

8.) "Where Are U Now" by Skrillex and Diplo (ft. Justin Bieber)


I know, this song has Justin Bieber in it. But I'm making an exception just this once, because I actually really like how the song sounds. There's little bits of just music with no singing, and those are perfect times for mini solo dance parties.

9.) "Air" by Shawn Mendes (ft. Astrid)



The harmonies in this are glorious. Shawn's voice has a natural edge to it, and this girl has a pretty similar voice that matches up with his perfectly. And then they have killer harmonies that make the whole thing even better.

10.) "Flower" by Cody Simpson


This song is actually kind of sad with its underlying themes, but I love the bounce and lilt it has. I'm also a fan of his song "Pretty Brown Eyes", but that's probably just because I have brown eyes and it's hard to find brown eye songs that aren't completely horrible sometimes.

* * *

These are the songs I've been thoroughly enjoying this summer. What are yours? Comment them down below, because I always love finding new music.

That is all.

Cheers,
Sea

Comments

  1. OK, this has nothing to do with this post, (which is lovely, by the way) BUT I FINISHED CITY OF ASHES!!! And my reaction was basically WHAT THE WHAT?!?!?!?! MY SHIP! AND WHAT IS WITH JACE? I'm kind of mad at Cassandra Clare because *whispers* I don't want Clary and Jace to be siblings.
    So now I'm reading City of Glass. We'll see how this one makes me feel.

    ~D. Skye <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YOU ARE NOT READY FOR THE NEXT FEW BOOKS. PREPARE FOR ALL OF THE FEELS. Especially the last book, City of Heavenly Fire. *squeal*

      Delete
    2. CITY OF GLASS=HAPPY DESTINY. Page 403 in City of Glass=Even happier Destiny. MY SHIP IS ALIVE!!! AND LUKE! AND JOCELYN! AND CLARY AND JAAAAAAAACE!!!!!
      Yay.

      ~D. Skye <3

      Delete
    3. YES YES! I'm so pleased you like the books! I managed to get my hands on 3/6 of the Mortal Instruments books at a secondhand bookstore and I could not be happier.

      Delete
  2. Love this post! I especially love Stitches, Black Magic (YES the music video), Elastic Heart, and Where Are You Now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Glad you enjoyed. (:

      Have you seen Shawn's new video for Stitches? It's heartbreaking to watch. I just wanna hug him the entire time I'm watching it and I keep making sad whale gasps. I was surprised he made an entirely new music video for it though . . .

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for commenting on this post. I love having conversations with you guys, so please be sure you check back for my reply. That way we can have a chat of epic proportions. (:

(Also, please keep your language clean so everyone can enjoy my blog. Thanks!)

Popular Posts