April Favorites (2017)


Hello, lovelies!

April was an extremely crazy month, and the beginning of May was super hectic as well, but I still wanted to get this post up for you guys because there was definitely some things I loved during the month that I wanted to share.

So without further ado, here are my April favorites.

* * *

Music:

(Hang on to your hats, folks. I have a looooooong list of music I've been loving.)

"No Promises" by Cheat Codes ft. Demi Lovato


This song is definitely one that you can blast while in the car with the windows down, and I love how these two artists's voices blend together in it.

"It Ain't Me" by Kygo ft. Selena Gomez


Fun fact, I watched the music video for this song, and I did not like it. I felt like it didn't fit the mood of the song at all, but the song itself is actually really good.

"Waves" (acoustic version) by Dean Lewis


This song hit me straight in the feels when I heard it, and I loved the bittersweet sound it had to it. Also this guy's voice is really soothing to listen to.

"Left My Love" by East Love


Once again, I got suckered into this song by the Mostly Strings channel on YouTube which always finds really good Indie songs which I love. The guitar is really peppy in this song, and for some reason it makes me think about summer when I hear it.

"Young" and "My Type" by The Chainsmokers



This whole Chainsmokers album is magical, but I loved these two especially. Young is such a catchy song about learning to love even though you're young and mess up sometimes. Emily Warren who sings My Type is so talented, and this song has such a good beat to it.

"Attention" by Charlie Puth


Charlie Puth is one of those artists I wished I discovered sooner, because not only is he talented, but his songs are pretty bomb. This is one of those songs that I definitely think you can belt while dancing around your room.

"Impossible" by James Arthur


The lyrics in this song hit right in the feels, and the artist has an incredible voice that was definitely made for this song. I would definitely play this song on a road trip with the windows down.

"There's Nothing Holding Me Back" by Shawn Mendes


This song is a total dancing song, and since I've loved Shawn's music for a while, I was pleased that he came out with another great one.

"Sign of the Times" and "Sweet Creature" by Harry Styles



Both of these songs have a really gentle feel to them, but they still have that underlying push to them that makes them relaxing but not boring to listen to.

AJR


I recently discovered this band a few months ago, and after seeing them in concert a few weeks ago I've been binge-listening to their songs. A few of my favorites are: Growing Old On Becker Street, Buy You A Rose, Infinity, Pitchfork Kids, 3AM, Turning Out, The Green and the Town, My Calling, The World Is A Marble Heart, and Call My Dad.

"Simple Things" by Brooklyn and Bailey


This song is SO unbelievably cute. Brooklyn and Bailey have their own YouTube channel and have been making videos for a while, but this is their second single they've released recently, and I definitely prefer this one over the first one they released.

"My Friends" by Oh Wonder


Oh Wonder is a duo whose voices are just so mesmerizing to listen to, and I think they're so talented. This song has a little bit of a melancholy feel to it, so it's perfect for a rainy day.

"Dandelions" by Ruth B


Ruth B is the queen of coming out with amazing music, and she recently dropped her latest album. Most of those are actually really sad breakup songs, so I was very pleased when I heard this one because it's much happier and cute overall.

"Quit" by Cashmere Cat ft. Ariana Grande


Ariana Grande's voice always astounds me because it's so smooth and powerful at the same time, and I think this song is also perfect for a rainy day or if you're going on a trip somewhere and you just want to majestically stare out the window while listening to music.

"Evermore" from Beauty and the Beast


So I FINALLY saw the live-action Beauty and the Beast with Emma Watson in it, and I absolutely adored it. I knew I would cry at the end since I always cried then during the animated Disney version, but I was surprised to find myself crying during the Beast's little solo piece. I loved this song so much, and the lyrics and emotion behind it are so beautiful (I just can't listen to it too much because it makes me cry every time).

"The Cure" by Lady Gaga


Lady Gaga has been killing it lately with her new music, and this one is no different. I love the lyrics in this one and how they're a promise to stay by someone's side and help them in any way you can. (Also it's definitely a good shower/dance party song.)

"Lust For Life" by Lana Del Rey ft. The Weeknd


Lana's voice is so beautiful and soothing, and having The Weeknd join her in this one was really cool. Their voices just blended so perfectly, and I also think this song reminds me of summer too.

Thunder by Imagine Dragons


The music video for this song is really strange, but I love the actual song itself. It's definitely become part of my "getting ready in the morning" jam session, and I really like the singer's voice.

Fashion + Beauty:

Maybelline Lipstick in "Stormy Sahara"


I have been wearing this lipstick on an everyday basis this past month. The picture above makes it seem a lot darker than it is, so keep that in mind if you're trying to figure out the color. It's a satin finish, so it's really comfortable, and it's somewhat sheer so it's perfect for when I'm running late and have to quickly throw something on. Bonus: it matches everything because it's a nude color. Yay!

Sweet Peach palette by Too Faced


Once again this palette has come back into my life, and I can't get enough of it. First off, it smells like peaches which is amazing, but the colors are also great for everyday wear. I don't use the dark purples or the green very much, but the other neutrals have quickly become part of my everyday look.

Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear nail polish in "Golden-I"


I love this brand for nail polish because of the colors and the way they wear, and I painted my nails with these a week or so ago and it's still going strong. This color is a beautiful rose-gold that can look slightly bronzey in different lightings, and I think it's beautiful for a spring/summer nail color.

"Beautiful Day" perfume


Bath & Body Works is my favorite place to find new scents, and I picked this one up during a sale just on a whim. I've been loving this perfume for springtime, and I've been wearing it on a daily basis ever since I got it because I love it so much.

(And since I'm terrible at describing scents, I'll put the little blurb from the Bath & Body Works website here: "Go crazy for this day-dreamy blend of daisies, pink peonies, sun-kissed apples & sparkling cassis.")

Chacos
So I've heard so many good things about Chacos from my friends, and I finally caved and got a pair since I'm going to Israel this summer and need a good pair of sandals along for some parts of the trip. The support on these sandals is really sturdy, and I like how customizable the straps are so that they fit my feet well. (Side note: the ones pictured are actual style that I own.)

This yellow dress from Old Navy


I tried to find this dress on their website to link for you guys, but for some reason it just wasn't on there. Either way, this dress has a special place in my heart and I just love how bright and springy it is. In real life it's a liiiitle bit more yellow than it looks in the picture, but it's just so easy to throw on when I don't to obsess over picking out an outfit.

Wavy Hair


This picture is from last summer when my hair was shorter, but I've been wearing my hair in this style a lot this past month. Basically what I'll do is either dampen my hair with a spray bottle of water or let my hair dry a little from the shower and then create two Dutch braids in my hair and sleep on it. In the morning I'll unbraid my hair and add a little bit of hairspray to it, and then I'm all set to go with some easy waves that I know will look good throughout the day. I would recommend NOT brushing your hair once you take them out the braids, because else it WILL become a frizzball.

Miscellaneous:

The Yee Dinosaur


Honestly, I have no words for this.

A friend of mine showed me this, and every time I see it I laugh so hard. Objectively speaking, it's not even that funny, but I just think it's hilarious for some reason and I've been saying "yee" more than I'd like to admit.

Double Stuffed Oreos


My family really doesn't buy a lot of unhealthy food, so having Oreos in the house was rare, especially the double stuffed ones. (And obviously if you're going to eat Oreos, you might as well get double stuffed because the regular ones a little basic if you ask me.) I kind of forgot how good these were, and now I may be addicted. Good thing they're finally out of the house again.

* * *

Phew!

We made it to the end!

Once again this was a loooooong favorites post (mostly because of the music section), but I hope you enjoyed reading it nonetheless. As always, please feel free to leave me a comment and let me know what you've been loving this month too. (:

That is all.

Cheers,

Comments

  1. Oh. My. Goodness. Evermore.

    Just.

    I can't.

    The movie in general wasn't my favorite...I definitely liked it, but I guess I'm not as attached to it as other people are. But that song. I could listen to it for hours.

    I tell myself this every time you do a favorites post, but someday, I will go through and listen to all these songs. Because they all sound wonderful. :)

    Also, your hair! Mine is about an inch longer than your is in that picture, and I struggle so much with getting it to curl the way I want it to...but I might just have to try this method! If you don't hairspray it, does it stay in?

    ~Des

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually adored the live-action B&B. I think part of it is because I liked the original one so much, so it was cool to see it come to life in a new way. I definitely cried a lot though when I heard this song for the first time (my boyfriend was concerned), and I didn't think I'd cry during the movie anytime except for the ending.

      Haha, that's okay that you don't have time. I always have that when someone says a song is good, and then I take forever to actually listen to it. (:

      As long as you don't go too crazy when you take the braids out in the morning I think you should be okay without hairspray if you hair holds a curl decently well. The hairspray can help keep the frizz down, but you could also put something like moroccan or argan oil in if frizz is a problem.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for commenting on this post. I love having conversations with you guys, so please be sure you check back for my reply. That way we can have a chat of epic proportions. (:

(Also, please keep your language clean so everyone can enjoy my blog. Thanks!)

Popular Posts