From the Bookshelf #1


You may have noticed that it's been a bit since my last book review. That's for a few reasons.

1.) As much as I love sharing the books I've read, sometimes I'm not even sure if people read my reviews. Perhaps they're too long?

2.) I may be a fast reader, but I don't always have time to keep my nose in a book as much as I'd like to.

3.) There really hasn't been a book that motivates me to give it a review.

Instead, I'll just show what books I've read lately, and add a star review (out of five) beneath each one.

* * *


Confessions of a Murder Suspect by James Patterson: 3 stars

The Warrior Heir by Cinda Williams Chima: 3.5 stars



Jinx by Sage Blackwood: 3 stars

Reckless by Cornelia Funke: 4.3 stars

* * *

I know that's not a lot of books, but that's what's been on my bookshelf. If you want more info on any of these books, make sure that you look them up online!

NOTE: Most of these books are fantasy, with the exception of James Patterson's book, which is a mystery novel.

Do you like "From the Bookshelf"? Should I do more posts like these as opposed to single reviews? Or do you just like having reviews so that you can see why I rated the book the way I did?


Comments

  1. Both sounds good to me because this way, if a reader is in a rush or not in the mood to read the review, they can just read it this way. And by reviews, for those who want to know why, a review is helpful. So it's up to you. It's fine either way for me. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Hilda. Whichever works best for you. I understand not wanting to write longish reviews. :)

    I own the Warrior Heir (haven't read it yet), and I've seen Confessions of a Murder Suspect at the library. Mind if I ask why you only gave them 3.5 and 3 stars?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, sometimes it's a matter of time, and sometimes it's a matter of if I feel like it or not, you know?

      I gave the Warrior Heir 3.5 stars because I thought the plot was pretty interesting, and it wasn't extremely predictable, but on the downside the characters felt sort of bland to me, and the concept reminded me a little too much of the Hunger Games.

      For Confessions of a Murder Suspect, I gave it 3 stars simply because I felt like the book was boring. I wanted suspense, I wanted action. It's a murder mystery after all! But it wasn't carried out well, so I was bored between chapters, because the MC would often have a page of "Confessions" from her past, usually ending with the phrase "But that's a story for another time" which got frustrating. I didn't really want to know about her past, I wanted to know who killed her parents and why.

      I tried to keep it spoiler free in that little blip, but I'm dying to say more. (: So if you read it, let me know what you think.

      Delete
    2. Yes, I do know. :)

      Thanks for explaining! Since I own The Warrior Heir, I'll read it eventually, and I'll have to remember to come and tell you. Don't know if I'll read Confessions of a Murder Suspect. My reading list is longer that the past two or three year's Christmas and birthday wish lists combined, and there are things on it I'll read first.

      Delete
    3. I don't think that Confessions of a Murder Suspect needs to be too high up on the list. (: Stick with some awesome books first!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for commenting on this post. I love having conversations with you guys, so please be sure you check back for my reply. That way we can have a chat of epic proportions. (:

(Also, please keep your language clean so everyone can enjoy my blog. Thanks!)

Popular Posts