Writing Is . . .

Writing.

It takes guts, it takes concentration, and it takes imagination and a whole lot of crazy and caffeine.

For me writing is one of the hardest things I've ever done. It's hard to carve out that time in my day to stop, sit down, and get on with my writing instead of letting it get moldy in my folder. There are days when I'm stuck in a rut and I absolutely want nothing more than to pay absolutely no attention to it, or give up on it entirely. Those are hard days. Harder still are the days when I desperately want to write something, but nothing comes to me. I pound my head on my desk for a while but . . .

. . . nothing comes.

I sit with my fingers hovering over the keys while my brain kicks into overdrive, scraping the crevices for an idea, a thought, a duck, a pinata anything.

But sometimes writing is one of the best things I've ever done. There's just something about putting my thoughts to paper and creating a world, a story, and people read it and actually like it. That makes me really happy to know that I either brought a smile, a laugh, or maybe even something new to someone that wasn't there before.

I think that's really cool. It's one of the most rewarding things as a writer.

There's also the satisfying feeling of finishing a project I've been working on for a long time. I've poured my heart and soul into the words, and then finally it's finished. I kick back with a butterbeer fresh from Hogsmeade and give myself a nice pat on the back. And then I edit (while munching on some chocolate frogs, of course).

Writing is extremely hard sometimes, but trust me, it's worth the effort.

Comments

  1. There has been a surge of these types on the writing/reading blogs I follow, but this one is my favorite. I mean it, Seana. You reminded me that its okay to have writer's block. :) Which is what I will continue to tell myself while I surf the internet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks so much! (: You'll get over that writer's block, I just know it!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for commenting on this post. I love having conversations with you guys, so please be sure you check back for my reply. That way we can have a chat of epic proportions. (:

(Also, please keep your language clean so everyone can enjoy my blog. Thanks!)

Popular Posts