Why Writers Are Like Cats

I have some weird writer quirks, and I'm sure you do as well. Some of those quirks are like those of cats.

1.) Cats will randomly perk up and sprint into another room for no apparent reason. Sometimes I'll get a really good idea and go frolicking out of the room with a mission of writing this idea down before I forget.

2.) Cats will spit and hiss at you if you get too close. If I'm in the zone while writing, then you'd better watch out. I could start throwing things.

3.) Cats sleep for a long time, and so do I. If I stayed up late finishing something, then I will sleep like a rock.

4.) Cats purr when they're pleased with something. When I do something that turned out nicely, I don't purr, but I do make some sort of happy noise that would roughly be translated as "I have completed it! I win! Bwa ha ha!"

5.) Cats land on their feet. Writers generally land on their faces if we've had a rough day with editing.

So there we have 5 ways writers are like cats. Maybe that's why so many authors have cats for pets. I for one have a dog, but cats aren't all bad. They're fuzzy, after all.

That is all.

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. German shepherds are very cool! (:

      Also, I'm really sorry, but I had to delete your comment because of a word you used for "dog". I know that it's another word for dog, but I'm afraid it isn't allowed under the comment policy that I have.

      Delete
  2. I'm with you on sleeping a lot. I love to sleep. Funny comparison you did with writers and cats. LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for commenting on this post. I love having conversations with you guys, so please be sure you check back for my reply. That way we can have a chat of epic proportions. (:

(Also, please keep your language clean so everyone can enjoy my blog. Thanks!)

Popular Posts