Chopping Off All My Hair?!

Hello lovelies!

For a long time, I had short hair. It was probably around shoulder-length or chin-length when I was in elementary and before that. It was during the end of middle school to early high school when I really started to grow it out, and let me tell you, it became LONG.

How long, you ask?

This long:

(Also, please ignore the fact that I'm holding a random meter stick in this picture. I needed to do it for biology class, but I suppose you could consider it an accessory somehow.)

Seriously. That is a LOT of hair. I'd been growing it out for a while, just getting it trimmed now and then instead of going full on chop-mode on it. Long hair is so much fun to play with and create hairstyles out of, but it was just feeling like a little too much. Washing and blow drying long hair is one of the most tedious things ever, and long hair sheds like you wouldn't believe.

So after giving it some thought, I decided to go shorter. We as girls are weirdly emotionally attached to our hair, so it did take a little bit of mental convincing on my part to actually go through with it. And go through it with I did! How short did I go?

This short:

Thanks to the magic of editing, I bring you my new shorter-haired self! My aunt is a hairdresser, and she did an amazing job with it. I'm so pleased with my short hair, and I can't stop touching it. I asked her after she cut it how much we took off, and she said 10 inches. TEN. INCHES. That's almost a foot of hair that used to be on my head. No wonder it feels so much lighter!

I'm beyond happy with my new haircut. What do you think? Would you go shorter as well, or are you one of those girls who is pretty close to being Rapunzel?


That is all.

Cheers,
Sea

Comments

  1. Awh dude your hair looks super cute! I cute mine into a pixie cut maybe three years ago (which was crazy but totally rocked) and I've just let it grow out since then. Now it's just below my collarbones, and is quickly growing pretty long(isn), but I think that I really just want to grow out my hair long again.

    Amy;
    Little Moon Elephant

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, a pixie? (: Those can be super cute, but I'd be way too chicken to try it out. Long hair is so fun to have for braids and things, but you use a bucket load of shampoo.

      Delete
  2. First your leg, then your hair... soon you'll have nothing left, Sea! Sorry if I don't say hi to you when I see you next, for I may not reconize you with a foot of you gone. :)
    ~A.J. Ryan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I promise I won't keep chopping things off. (: Haha, I suppose that's understandable. Just don't freak out if I wave and think a creepy stranger is saying hi.

      Delete
  3. Really my dear, you must stop titling your posts about chopping of parts of yourself. It's quite distressing. That said, I think your new haircut looks absolutely lovely. I need to get mine cut soon. It's been a year. Or more... I probably won't cut it that short though.

    ~D. Skye <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I promise no more choppery. And thank you! It feels so much healthier. How long is yours? (:

      Delete
    2. I believe that if I pulled the longest hair off of my head, it would measure about 1' 10"- 2'. It's kind of long. I will probably get it trimmed and layered.

      ~D. Skye <3

      Delete
    3. That is a lot of hair! You are the epitome of Rapunzel. Does your hair glow when you sing? (: When my hair was long, I did the same thing as you; just layers and trims. Split ends were pretty much everywhere.

      Delete
    4. Unfortunately, my hair does not glow. It frizzes. Especially when I sing. I do have very many split ends too. They are the bane of my hair's existence.
      Happy Valentine's Day! To you and your newly shortened hair. :)

      ~D. Skye <3

      Delete
    5. Frizziness, yikes! My hair doesn't react well with humidity, let's just say that. (: Hope your Valentine's Day was lovely, and that you had plenty of chocolate.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for commenting on this post. I love having conversations with you guys, so please be sure you check back for my reply. That way we can have a chat of epic proportions. (:

(Also, please keep your language clean so everyone can enjoy my blog. Thanks!)

Popular Posts