Me? Dance?


I'm just going to put this out there: I am a horrible, horrible dancer.

Now you'd think that maybe since I took ballet when I was little, I can't be all bad, right? Right?

Haha, that's a good one. Truth is, just dancing a random freestyle type thing doesn't come naturally to me. I can't just bust a move like some people can at any given time, and I certainly am not flexible to be doing some mid-air splits.

I've tried dancing in the rain before just for fun, but I'm telling you a T-Rex could've danced better than I did.

But deep down inside, I wish I did know how to dance. Not ballet twirls and pirouettes, not jazz hands (got way too much of those in my old Christmas programs), and certainly not learning to do the robot. I've always wanted to learn to ballroom dance. Something about the way people spin so effortlessly and elegantly across the room while ballroom dancing has always looked like so much fun to me. (I've also thought of how much fun it would be to wear one of those long dresses that poof out when you spin.)

Are any of you dancers?


Comments

  1. No, I am not a dancer! Like you, I took ballet when I was younger... But now I look at my ballet report cards/progress reports from when I was little, and I have no idea what any of the dance moves I supposedly learned are! Oh well. At least there's choir! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm taking a class in ballroom this summer! YAY!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll have to teach me afterwords, aye?

      Delete
    2. Ok, but it's only a week long.... So I might not learn much :P

      Delete
  3. Hey Sea!
    You know, I've been taking them since I was 3 so it would make it around 10ish years of dance. Something I've always wanted to do was take ballroom, but alas, I have no partner, no guy to dance with. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I dare you to just ask some random guy.

      Delete
    2. Well, that's kind of hard considering the guy has to be taller than me by a couple of inches. He has to be strong because he would lift me/lead me and there are a bunch of other stuff. Also, you got to get the right kind of shoes and convince the guy that it's ok to wear the stuff that male dancers wear, which isn't that bad. And you got to get over the "awkwardness".

      Delete
  4. I'm in the same boat... Oh look, another boat passing by, pointing and laughing at us! :P

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for commenting on this post. I love having conversations with you guys, so please be sure you check back for my reply. That way we can have a chat of epic proportions. (:

(Also, please keep your language clean so everyone can enjoy my blog. Thanks!)

Popular Posts