Ramblings

During a class earlier this week, my teacher told us to think of something that we want. Something that we really, truly wish for. He then told us to write about that, and also write what would happen if we got that thing we so desperately want. He gave us twenty minutes.

And so I wrote.

Care to read what my deepest wish is?

Then read on.

"There are many things in this world. Good things, bad things, things impossible to comprehend. There are things that could benefit the world, things that could harm it. There are also things that could really just make the person who has that thing happy.
That person in question….is me.
When I sit down and really think about what I want, millions of things flood my mind. New clothes, a book published, to fly, to end world hunger, to find world peace, to find a cure for cancer….
The thing that I want most in the world is to get a book published. Sure, it’s maybe a little selfish to not choose something that could affect the world, but it’s something that I really, truly want. Who knows? Depending on what the content of the book is, maybe I will end up changing the world in my own way.
If I ever did get a book published, I’m hoping that it would become a popular book, earning a place on a best-seller list. I would love to meet fans of my novel, autograph books, listen to their stories of how my book might have affected them in some way, changing the way they thought about something, or introducing them to something new. I know that there would also be harsh critics out there, writing reviews that send my book out the window in flames, but I also know that that’s just part of being a writer. You have to be able to take critique and be able to move on.
Of course, after my book was published, possibly become #1 on the charts, what would come next? I would probably feel a little lost, a little empty. Something that had taken so much time and effort to create suddenly gone. There would be no more writing of that book, no more dreaming up characters to live inside that made-up world.
I think that I’d go into a state of disbelief for a while, not really comprehending that yes, there really was nothing more that needed to be done with that book.
But then I’d start again. A new idea would come to be, and I would begin writing again. I’d begin creating more stories, more characters, more worlds, more ideas. I would go into that vicious cycle once more of writing, editing, rewriting, deleting, writing, and editing again. It would be hard, perhaps harder than the time before, but that’s what I would do.
Then if I managed to get that book in stores as well, I think I would write again. I would find a new idea, find new inspiration, perfect the art of writing until it was the best that it could ever be.
It’s part of who I am. A writer."

Now it's your turn. What do you want most in the world?

Comments

  1. Excellent composition!! you are very intelligent! You can do it, go for it! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Hilda! (: You're an inspiration to me, especially since you got a book published!

      Delete
    2. oh wow, Thank you soo very much! And you are very welcome! You you made my day!! <3

      Delete
  2. That is so inspiring, and can I just say, I want to be a writer desperately too for the same reasons. I love this post and your whole blog! Check out mine at thedramatispersona.blogspot.com!
    -DP :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you! (: I'll be sure to poke around your blog. Thanks for following, by the way!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for commenting on this post. I love having conversations with you guys, so please be sure you check back for my reply. That way we can have a chat of epic proportions. (:

(Also, please keep your language clean so everyone can enjoy my blog. Thanks!)

Popular Posts