Pass the Parcel: A NoteBook Sisters Production

Hello, lovelies! I've been following along with the NoteBook Sisters's blog party this month, and they had a fun tag going called Pass the Parcel (also known as Tag!). Just for fun, I figured I'd give it a whirl.

The rules:

1. Fill out the tag.

2. Add the Notebook Sisters Book Blog Party button to your post.


3. Tag your friends if you like! (optional...but it would be fun)


4. Link up (optional) on the Notebook Sisters blog so we can read and comment on all your fabulous tags!




The Questions:

1. Name your top 5 favourite YA authors!

Matt Myklusch, J.K. Rowling, J.R.R. Tolkien, John Flanagan, aaaaand......it's a toss-up between Angie Sage, Obert Skye, and Rick Riordan.

2. What's the last YA book you read and what did you think of it?


Last YA book I read....*scrambles madly through bookshelf*....Aha! It was Prodigy, by Marie Lu. I personally really loved the plot and suspense of it, but found that the characters's narrating views were nearly identical and it was as if they had the same brain that was stuck into different bodies which were in turn placed through different situations.

3. What's your favourite YA genre? (Dystopian, romance, sci-fi, contemporary, etc.)


I've always been a fantasy nut. There's just something about mystical things that could never be possible in real life that have always fascinated me.

4. Let's talk characters! Pick a character you love and tell us why?


I'm going to kind of but not really cheat on this one (it doesn't specify that it must be YA character after all). One of the characters I love is Pseudonymous Bosch, author of The Secret Series. And while he's the one narrating the story in those books, it's like he's actually telling you the story in person, talking about this and that, making hilarious comments about mayonnaise and sock monsters.

5. Top YA villain?

Ooh, it's gotta be Voldemort. He might not be the most diabolical of them all, but there's something about him that makes me shudder when I hear the name He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named. (Perhaps it's because he cannot love?)

6. Top YA couple?


If we're counting LotR as a YA series, then I've got to go with Faramir and Eowyn. They both wanted things that were not meant to be (Faramir to be like his brother, Eowyn to be closer to Aragorn), and in the end they came together with a love that was beautiful.

7. With dystopian on the decline, what do you think will be the next hot-trend in YA?


Y'know, I'm not quite sure. Perhaps Sci-Fi will make a come-back since Dystopian books are usually bordering Sci-Fi, and they were a hit.

8. What's the next YA book on your to-be-read pile?


I was thinking of trying my hand at the Artemis Fowl books, but this is still be debating amongst myself and my invisible teddy bears.

9. What's the fastest time you've ever finished reading a book in? (And what was the book?!)


Eight hours. It was Never More by James Patterson (the final Maximum Ride novel). I think I read it so quickly because I was sick of reading it. It was getting tedious and I hated all of the characters by the end, and I really just wanted to get it done. (The worst part about that was the fact that there was a page at the end of my copy that hinted that another series would be written in the future about a story that relates to Max's story, but doesn't contain the Maximum Ride characters. Blargh.)

10. (And now for the burning question) Do you think books should be sorted according to colour or title? (This matters.)


TITLE. Title, title, title. I like things to be alphabetized so that I can find them in less time than if they were sorted at random. I like things to go as quickly as possible, and if they were sorted by color....I shudder to think how long it would take to find the book I want.

So there we have it! Thank you Cait and Mime for letting me play Pass the Parcel!

Care to play Pass the Parcel? Please do! Follow the steps above and have fun!

Comments

  1. Oooooooh I love Artemis Fowl. You might not like him too much in the first... two books? But by the end of the series.... wow. He's one of my favorite character, Eoin Colfer is great at character development. :D Artyyyyyyy! Erm. Yeah. There was a heart attack moment at the end of the last book, (which I will not tell you about) But.... everything gets sorted. So la. Read the books. Love him. That is all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay. Treskie says Artemis Fowl is good, therefore I shall read them. (:

      Delete
    2. Yay! Let me know when you start!!! :D

      Delete
    3. Will do! I've got to finish the Secret Series first.

      Delete
  2. Ooh I might do Tag now!

    And DEFINITELY by title!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good answers, Sea. I did the tag, too! Another blogger posted my answers on her blog. What question was the hardest for you to answer?

    ~Robyn Hoode

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you really? Sweet! What blogger was it?

      Delete
    2. Kendra E. Ardnek at Knitted by God's Plan.

      ~The Unstoppable Child

      Delete
    3. http://knittedbygodsplan.blogspot.com/

      ~The Unstoppable... I need to find a catchy way to shorten that.

      Delete
    4. Thanks. (:

      Why not just write: -TUC

      Delete
    5. Oh, you're welcome!

      It looks like Tuck.

      ~Robyn

      Delete
    6. Or maybe you could do: - The UC

      Delete
  4. Ooh! Prodigy?! I'm SO jealous...I really loved Legend. Must get my hands on Prodigy now...

    Thanks for doing the tag with us! (Glad you had fun! Eep!) Have to love John Flanagan too. His Ranger's Apprentice series was the first time I actually had to put a book down I was laughing SO hard. (When I composed myself, of course, I continued.) ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go, Cait, go! You'll love it!

      You are totally welcome! It was really refreshing from all of the normal blog award type things I usually get floating around the blogosphere. I laughed so much when I read RA, too! Halt's great, isn't he?

      Delete
  5. Eeeeee, yes, Faramir and Eowyn! They're my favorite couple too. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for commenting on this post. I love having conversations with you guys, so please be sure you check back for my reply. That way we can have a chat of epic proportions. (:

(Also, please keep your language clean so everyone can enjoy my blog. Thanks!)

Popular Posts