Dear Villains....

Dear Villains,

I'm inclined to hate you. I really am. But some of you I like.

Some of you are so awful and cruel that it makes me want to crawl in a hole and stay there for a while with a teddy bear until a hero comes and banishes you.

I am fearful of those villains.

Others of you just use that cruelty as a facade, and underneath there's a broken, hurting person who has simply let grief ruin them.

I pity those villains.

There are some of you yet that are not truly evil. You have a grain of good inside your blackened heart that begins to worm its way out when exposed to the true good that you've never known.

I root for those villains.

Some of you seem bad, but suddenly we learn that every bad thing you did was for a deeper purpose, and that deeper purpose was for good.

I am confused by these villains.

Other villains are simply just normal folk attempting to do what the real villains do, but fail miserably with resulting hilarity.

I am amused by these villains.

There are a few villains that leave us confused over their true nature when they die a heroic death for our protagonist or one of the protagonist's friends.

I have cried over those villains.

Dear villains, you scare me, you confuse me, you amuse me, you make me cry, but you are essential for every story. Never change.

Comments

  1. *applause* Bravo! Very nice. :)

    ~Robyn Hoode

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could think of one for each ;) *cough* Phantom *cough* Darth Vader. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I, too, could find a villain for each, though it made the feels come flooding in. D:

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for commenting on this post. I love having conversations with you guys, so please be sure you check back for my reply. That way we can have a chat of epic proportions. (:

(Also, please keep your language clean so everyone can enjoy my blog. Thanks!)

Popular Posts