17 Harmless Pranks to Play in a Store

1. Challenge other customers to duels with tubes of gift wrap.

2. Walk up to an employee and tell him in an official tone, “I think we’ve got a Code 3 in Housewares,” and see what happens.

3. Play with the automatic doors.

4. Walk up to complete strangers and say, “Hi! I haven’t seen you in so long!…” etc. See if they play along to avoid embarrassment.

5. Follow people through the aisles, always staying about five feet away. Do this until they realize you're following them, and then pretend it wasn't you.

6. As the cashier runs your purchases over the scanner, look mesmerized and say, “Wow. Magic!”

7. Drape a blanket around your shoulders and run around saying, “…I’m Batman. Come, Robin—to the Batcave!”

8. When someone asks if you need help, begin to cry and ask, “Why won’t you people just leave me alone?”

9. When two or three people are walking ahead of you, run between them, yelling, “Red Rover!”

10. Make up nonsense products and ask newly hired employees if there are any in stock, i.e., “Do you have any Shnerples here?”

11. Hold indoor shopping cart races.

12. Dart around suspiciously while humming the theme from Mission Impossible.

13. Attempt to fit into very large gym bags.

14. Attempt to fit others into very large gym bags.

15. Say things like, “Would you be so kind as to direct me to your Twinkies?”

16. Two words: “Marco Polo.”

17. When an announcement comes over the loudspeaker, assume the fetal position and scream, “No, no! It’s those voices again!”

Comments

  1. These are pretty good, Sea. I'm wondering how many of them I would actually attempt...

    ~Robyn Hoode

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might try the "Wow, magic!" one. (:

      Delete
    2. I like the idea of shopping cart races... sure fire way to get into trouble but...
      Running around humming "Mission Impossible"... hmm.

      ~The Unstoppable Child

      Delete
    3. Perhaps if you're very quiet?

      Delete
  2. Ooh I've seen lists like these. This is my favorite so far.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, dressing up like a jedi in front of a store with automatic doors and then waving your hand in front of the door like you're "using the force" to open them for people is a good one :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Attempting to fit others into large gym bags doesn't quite sound harmless... Oh. You mean whole people. I thought for sure... never mind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear gracious.

      ~RH

      Delete
    2. Now, Liam, we can't be chopping up people into little bits. That's not legal.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for commenting on this post. I love having conversations with you guys, so please be sure you check back for my reply. That way we can have a chat of epic proportions. (:

(Also, please keep your language clean so everyone can enjoy my blog. Thanks!)

Popular Posts