A Reason I Write


This really is true. In most of the stories I write, I see characters finding their inner courage and doing a daring rescue of a friend. Personally, I do have my courageous moments, but it's never as big of a thing. So that's true that I write and create people that I am not.

I'm deathly afraid of being stabbed with a pointy object, which is strange, because a lot of the things I write involve swordplay. I guess I do write to explore things that I personally am afraid of. I just never thought about it before.

And I do think that writing helps me find an inner strength. When things are hard, I can either escape to my fictional world, or I can use my situation to create something that I couldn't before when things were easy.

What do you think?

Comments

  1. Most definitely. J.K. Rowling said in a recent interview (and I'm not quoting) that she wants Harry Potter books to be an escape for readers, just as it was a way for her to escape when writing it.

    Personally, I do the same thing you do.I hope that when others read my books, they will find the same inner strength that us writers do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HP was definitely an escape, and an adventure, for me. It really is a lovely series!

      I hope so as well. We writers are an odd species, but we do add our ounces of interesting to the world.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for commenting on this post. I love having conversations with you guys, so please be sure you check back for my reply. That way we can have a chat of epic proportions. (:

(Also, please keep your language clean so everyone can enjoy my blog. Thanks!)

Popular Posts