#AskSeana (#4): Sandwiches, Poking, and Wink Winks


Hello lovelies!

I figured we were due for another #AskSeana, so once again, I'll be doing a little Q&A for today's post. So here we go!

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Hey, Seana! I have a question for your next Q&A. What can I do when I get sandwiched into a situation? It's stressful!

Ah, yes, the dreaded Sandwich Situation. I've had experience being almost cornered into something, and I completely agree that it can be pretty hectic. My rule of thumb for things like that is to make the best of it. It's going to be crazy and uncomfortable, but if you can find something in that situation to laugh about or something to make it easier, that helps a ton. If it's extremely stressful, just take a few deep breaths and focus on just getting through one thing at a time. I promise it'll be okay.

What's your dream vacation spot?


I would love to visit Australia someday. It just seems so lovely and adventurous there, and I've always wanted to go scuba diving in a coral reef, which conveniently, Australia has. Also, have you heard the accents there? Dreamy. But on a side note, since Australia's wildlife could probably poison and/or freak me out (i.e. giant spiders and snakes everywhere), I'd also love to visit the UK. The UK is just full of some beautiful landscapes, and I feel like I would just adore traveling the streets of places like London and Brighton. *le sigh*

How do you deal with people poking fun at your insecurities? (Even accidentally?)


I'm not going to lie and say that I have no insecurities, but I will say that I've mastered the art of ignoring any intentional or unintentional jabs at them. But I know that's harder to do than to say. The way I went about it was to figure out what it was that I didn't like about myself, and really work hard to accept those facts as a part of myself. Sure, I'm not going to be perfect, and that's okay. I've figured out some of the harder parts of who I am, and I've learned to not be ashamed of them.

However, if someone does make a comment that upsets you, you don't have to take it. Call them out on it. Simply saying, "Hey, could you not say that about me? I'm not a big fan of that." makes a big difference sometimes. Some people just don't realize they're hurting you, which is why you might need to call their attention to it. Otherwise, just learn to laugh it off. I like to consider myself like a penguin in this sense. Insults just sort of slide off me like water on a penguin, if that makes any sense.

Hi, Seana! I'm guessing I'm in the minority here, but I'm one of your guy viewers and I was wondering, how can you tell if a girl likes you?

Well, hello, sir! I see you've come to the lady side of things for advice, which is a pretty daring, but smart, thing to do.

From my point of view, it's fairly easy to tell if a girl likes you most times. Usually it's through actions, but we ladies also like to be a bit cryptic when we talk to guys. Basically, take note of how she acts around you. Does she seek you out intentionally to talk to you? Does she look for you in a crowd? Does she try to make you laugh and/or laugh at all of your jokes (even if they're not that hilarious)? If it seems like she's devoting a lot of her time to you, then she probably likes you. Most girls, including myself, will almost always stay up late talking to a guy if we like them just so that we can spend more time with them. If we're sacrificing sleep time for a guy, there's usually something there.


But to avoid the dreaded friendzone, just make sure that the way she treats you is not how she treats everyone else. The last thing you want to do is mistake her sharing her croutons with you for a declaration of her undying love.

If all else fails, you can always man up and ask her, but that's probably a terrifying idea for you. My main advice for you is to just play it by ear and see if you can pick up on any signals she might be giving that show she might be into you. Good luck, my friend!

What's your least favorite word?

I hate the word moist. It's just so squelchy and gross sounding, like you just stepped into a bog of nasty swamp water with bare feet.


What would you do if someone asked you to the Homecoming Dance coming up? *wink wink*

Erm . . . I'm assuming one of my lovely friends who I know outside the blogosphere is asking me this, but I suppose I have to answer.

*Ahem*

It would depend on who asked me, because there are a select few people who I would outright just feel completely uncomfortable going with. If I'm not good friend with this person or we've just not had a good history, I'll probably say no. However, if this person was a good friend of mine, and I felt like it wouldn't make things weird to go with them, I'd probably say yes. Now, please excuse me as I go hide in a hole whilst the matchmaking begins.

Current favorite song?

I'm currently addicted to the song "Somebody To You" by The Vamps ft. Demi Lovato. It's such an upbeat and fun song, and it just has a really cute set of lyrics to go with it. I've been blasting it lately for a peppy dance-worthy song.

Watching on a mobile? Click here to watch the video instead!

One of my friends has been really distant and cold to me lately, and I don't know why! What should I do?

For now, just wait it out a little bit. Your friend probably needs some space, and I feel like that's the best thing you can give them. Give them a little time to cool off, and then talk to them. Have a heart-to-heart, or at least have a little conversation. Gently bring up the fact that they've been acting a little odd lately, and maybe they'll have a reason. If they don't give you a direct answer, don't push it too much. They'll probably come around eventually, but if they don't, then you can go ahead and push the topic just a little bit more. The only advice I can really give for this situation is to tread lightly, because you probably want to still have them as a friend, and stomping around like a rapid elephant isn't the way to go. Just take it slow, and I promise things will turn out okay one way or another.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Well, there's another #AskSeana for you! Hope you enjoyed it! I still love getting questions from you guys, so if you'd like to be a part of my Q&A's, then please send in your questions via Twitter, email, or my other social media links on the sidebar.

That is all.

Cheers,
Sea

Comments

  1. Aw I love this! Your answers are fab! c:

    Amy;
    The Blog Hermit

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aah I love these posts! I am v. impressed you have a male reader. I don't have any that I know of. I wonder, do you think there's a male side of the blogosphere that we don't know about? Are there boys with blogs that only boys follow (just like I'm a girl with a blog that only girls follow)? It is a crazy question.

    Anyway, you give great advice! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Glad you enjoyed. (: I'm surprised that my male reader had the guts to ask a question like that. Kudos to him!

      I know a few guy bloggers, but I doubt it's just guys following their blog. I feel like girls are just more blogish while guys socialize through other things. The guy bloggers I know probably have more girl viewers than guy viewers, so who knows?

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for commenting on this post. I love having conversations with you guys, so please be sure you check back for my reply. That way we can have a chat of epic proportions. (:

(Also, please keep your language clean so everyone can enjoy my blog. Thanks!)

Popular Posts