Homecoming (Dresses, Hairs, and All That Jazz)

Hello lovelies!

It feels like forever since I've done a proper post, but it feels equally amazing to be back for something besides Guestober. So today's post has do to with last week, since Saturday was my Homecoming dance.


And since I know plenty of you would want the juicy details and all of the girly dress fun that goes with it, I'm going to do just that.

Drumroll please.



Ta da!

This year I went for this lovely dress from Macy's. As opposed to last year's dress, this dress's neckline has a beaded collar instead of being strapless. The top part was just this amazingly gorgeous royal blue color and I just adored it. The bottom portion, as you can see, is just a simple black, fitted skirt. I loved how elegant it was without being eye-wateringly sparkly. (Also, please excuse the scar on my leg. That came from a clumsy incident of mine.)

I kept it very minimal with jewelry, wearing only some dangling earrings that had a rhinestone on them. I decided against a necklace just because the dress's collar was already bedazzled, and a bracelet just felt like overkill.


Here's a little closeup on my shoes, too. They were this lovely silvery/pewter color, and it had rhinestones on the front too. The only problem was that they felt like murder on my feet after 5 minutes, so dancing in bare feet became my forte for this dance.

And of course, we can't leave out my hairstyle, now can we?


I did my own hair, which consisted of a little teasing here, a few braids there, and a whole arsenal of bobby pins. Oh, and we mustn't forget hairspray! There was probably a can of it at least in this updo. Nevertheless, I was quite proud that it stayed put the entire night. *hair flip*

As for the juicy details, no, I didn't dance with anyone, nor did I go to the dance itself with anyone. Sometimes it's just more fun to grab a group of your friends and party hard instead of being worried about a guy the whole night.

So there you have it! My Homecoming ensemble in full.

Did any of you have your own Homecoming recently?

That is all.

Cheers,
Sea

Comments

  1. Love it love it love it! You look amazing .... and your hair is aMAZing!! I too am blessed with a lot of hair ... but I'm always too lazy to do anything with it!

    My dance is December the 18th; I'm going shopping for a dress with my friends on Saturday. It's always a great night - though dancing in heels is torture! Because I live in Scotland we do ceilidh dancing, so dancing with boys is the only option; you can't just "grab your friends and party hard" xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Em! My hair is usually obnoxious so I was happy it cooperated. (:

      Ooooh, I hope you have so much fun! What's ceilidh dancing?

      Delete
    2. Scottish dancing. Look it up. Gay Gordons, Canadian Barn Dance, Volita Waltz, Strip the Willow, Dashing White Sergeants, Dodgems .... all dances we do, and more.

      Delete
    3. Wow, fancy! My dance moves consist of the "Step Touch" and the "What Am I Doing With My Arms". (:

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for commenting on this post. I love having conversations with you guys, so please be sure you check back for my reply. That way we can have a chat of epic proportions. (:

(Also, please keep your language clean so everyone can enjoy my blog. Thanks!)

Popular Posts