Seana's Summer Playlist (2017)


Hello, lovelies!

It feels really good to be back into the swing of things with this blog, and I've been spending this past week tweaking and experimenting with the template and theme to see if I can streamline things a little more and make everything more appealing overall. Oh! And you probably have noticed that my profile picture is now a real picture of me. I'm at the point where I still like having my blog be semi-private and separate from my everyday life, but I also like to share things with you guys to make it more personal here as well, which is why I decided to change my picture and also add my Instagram feed to the sidebar of the blog. Hopefully you're liking it too. (:

I haven't done one of these style posts since 2015, but I figured since it's still summer that I might as well whip out the top songs I've been listening to so far. As always, I'll include a music video or lyric video for each song so you can give it a listen to.

(NOTE: if you're reading this from an email notification, make sure you click through to the post itself so that the video links work. Thanks!)

* * *

1.) Attention by Charlie Puth


This song has been such a jam for me lately, and that's probably because I finally dived into more of Charlie Puth's music this summer. It's insanely catchy, but it also has a bit of a sad undertone to it when you really listen to the words.

2.) The Good In Me by Jon Bellion


I'm so addicted to this song it's not even funny. I love the techno bits added to his really chill but passionate voice, and his lyrics all have to do with things he's experienced in his own life, which I think is so cool.

3.) Slow Hands by Niall Horan


This song definitely implies a little bit of sketchiness, but it's totally perfect to have playing while you're roadtripping somewhere.

4.) There For You by Martin Garrix ft. Troye Sivan


Troye Sivan is one of my favorite artists, and this song he teamed up with Martin Garrix to create is an awesome one. I love the instrumental bits and just the overall sound that it has to it, and I think Troye's voice is a great fit for it.

5.) 1-800-273-8255 by Logic ft. Alessia Cara and Khalid


A friend of mine showed me this song, and at first I was really confused by what was going on in the song. But the title is actually the national suicide prevention hotline, and the verses bounce between someone with suicidal thoughts and the operator on the other end of the hotline, which I think is really cool.

6.) Strip That Down by Liam Payne


Thiiiiiiis is another one of those sexual songs that is also really catchy, and that's all I have to say.

7.) Thunder by Imagine Dragons


The music video for this song is super weird, which is why I chose the audio only one, but the song itself has been my favorite one to run to this summer. Something about the rhythm and the drums during the chorus just makes me want to go harder and run faster.

8.) Castle On The Hill by Ed Sheeran


Play this with your car windows down and the volume blasting. You can thank me later.

9.) Guillotine by Jon Bellion


Jon Bellion's entire "The Human Condition" album is pure gold, and I really love this one off the album especially. He once again puts amazing lyrics with a techno sort of beat, and it's amazing.

10.) Despacito (Remix) by Luis Fonsi, Daddy Yankee ft. Justin Bieber


If you know Spanish like I do, it makes this super catchy song also super sketchy, but I still really like it.

11.) Nancy Mulligan by Ed Sheeran


Ed wrote this song about his grandparents, which I think is adorable, and I love the overall Irish sound it has to it. It's the type of song that I've definitely had spontaneous dance parties to in my kitchen while home alone.

12.) Most Girls by Hailee Steinfeld


This is such a pump-up, "I am woman, hear me roar" kind of song. I love music that empowers women, and this one plays off the phrase "You're not like most girls," which I think is such a cool idea.

13.) Believer by Imagine Dragons


I don't know what it is about Imagine Dragons and releasing great workout songs, but this one is perfect for that too.

14.) iRobot by Jon Bellion


This is the kind of song that you can just belt in the shower, and I've definitely been guilty of that. I love the background techno instrumental, and also the metaphor of having your heart broken and feeling more like a robot than human.

15.) Sober Up by AJR


AJR has quickly become one of my favorite bands, and this song off their new album "The Click" has definitely been a summer favorite. They play with metaphors a lot in their music, and they also keep it really real which I love.

* * *

Phew! Those are fifteen of the songs I've been obsessed with this summer, though there are definitely full albums that have been on repeat too. (: I hope you enjoyed reading about and listening to these, and please feel free to share your recent favorite songs in the comments too so I can get addicted to more.

That is all.

Cheers,

Comments

Popular Posts