(#3) Excerpts From A Book I'll Never Write


Hello, lovelies!

I've done two of these posts in the past (which you can click HERE to read the first one, and HERE for the second), and I really like how these types of posts feel. They're inspired by some things I've seen on Twitter and Tumblr, and essentially they're thoughts and realizations I've had from my life that could be given their own entire books if I chose to write it all down.

So here it is: the third installment of excerpts from a book I'll never write.

* * *


"Like Gnash once wrote, 'friends can break your heart too.'"
- I'm sorry I broke yours.


"Phone in hand, fingers nervously tapping along the countertop, eyes searching through the window for your car to pull up. The clock's steadfast ticking seems almost mocking."
- Will you ever come?


"Forever is such a long time."
- I can't promise that.


"A gentle curl of steam unfolds from my coffee softly, so softly, floating off into the sky as I sit in the glow of a morning sunrise, breathing in chilly air and realizing everything is going to be okay."
- The day after.


"I already know that every rose has its thorn, and yet I can't stop myself from reaching out."
- Guess I'm just a sucker for pain.


"He's wearing makeup, she's shaved off half of her hair, they're making public statements that others don't agree with."
- Love them anyway.


"I want to run away so badly, to a city where no one knows who I am, and just be. I want to be bold and daring and mysterious without worrying about my old self holding me back. I want to dance in cobblestone streets and laugh at 2am with a stranger under the stars."
- Someday.


"Being alone seems like a good idea until you're lonely."
- The introverted extrovert.


"The process of soul-searching is one of the most grueling things I've ever had to experience. It takes grit, it takes dedication, and sometimes it takes cutting people off so that you can return to them as a better person than you were before."
- Can we skip to the good part?


"Self-defense is something I never learned properly."
- Pushing people away is no way to survive.

* * *

That is all.

Cheers,

Comments

Popular Posts