My Childhood Is Over (Or Is It?)

I was poking around the blogosphere as usual, and suddenly I popped over at Heather Vogel Frederick's blog. Now, a few of my friends had been sending me frantic messages telling me she was writing another MDBC book. I didn't believe it until I saw it.


I nearly choked on my water. She's written six MDBC books already, and I thought that she was going to stop after the fourth one, but she kept going to six. So imagine my surprise when she announced a seventh book.

When I thought she had finished the series, I thought to myself, "Well, that part of my childhood is over. How sad." And now she's brought it back, and I'm not sure what to expect or think.

On one hand, I love MDBC. I love the characters, I love the setting, I love all that goes into it. But on the other hand, there's not a lot (plotwise) that she can add to the series. Most of the love triangles and such have been resolved, the fights have been fixed, and most of the ongoing problems that were evident in the series have been given solutions. There's not a ton she can build off of.

That's what makes me nervous about a seventh book. I'm excited, but I'm also worried it's not going to live up to the MDBC expectations that I have. Hopefully it does live up to my expectations, but even if it doesn't, at least I've got a bit of my childhood back.

What do you think of Heather's announcement?

That is all.

Comments

  1. I was so exited last night when I saw this. I almost started jumping around and screaming. Almost. But I was in public so it would of looked really weird.
    I know I'll be really disappointed if it doesn't live up to the last 6 books. She did a good job wrapping the series up with WYWE so I don't know if I'll like a 7th book.

    ~D. Skye <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here. I really hope it lives up to the MDBC name, but I'm just not sure it will.

      Delete
  2. WHAT.
    WHAT.
    WHAT.
    Excuse me as I go run around crazily and scream my head off.

    --Audrey but I'm way too lazy to sign in heh

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree with you Destiny! I'm so excited though, I hope I'm not expecting too much.

    Sea! July wanted to let you know that the disaster writing contest entries are up and voting is open on my blog! Here's the link and thanks again for entering :)
    http://julyaemmance.blogspot.com/2014/01/disaster-writing-contest-entries.html
    -July A. Emmance

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just saw the post! (: There are some good entries in there. Everyone did really amazingly! You're welcome for entering. Don't know if I'll win, but it was fun anyway.

      Delete
  4. I've actually never read any of these books, though I've wanted to for a long time. Is there anything... questionable in them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope! MDBC is one of the few series that I can say has really nothing questionable in it. The characters don't use foul language or do things that would be a little iffy in my opinion. I definitely recommend you read them! (:

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for commenting on this post. I love having conversations with you guys, so please be sure you check back for my reply. That way we can have a chat of epic proportions. (:

(Also, please keep your language clean so everyone can enjoy my blog. Thanks!)

Popular Posts