The Sunshine Award

Let's not beat around the bush and get right to it. (Because, really, what did the bush ever do to you?)

Thanks to July and Emily for nominating me for the Sunshine Award.
Look how pretty this award logo is! The little yellow swirlies and the font and *le sigh*
Basically the Sunshine Award is a tag going around the blogosphere celebrating your . . . erm . . . sunniness. I actually have no idea, but we'll pretend it was given to me because of my sunny personality and my humming underwater skills. The lovely bloggers who tagged me have given me some questions to answer, so here we go.

July's Questions:

-What is your favorite summer activity?

Hrmm . . . I gotta go with hanging out friends at a bonfire. Not only do you get to be with some pretty spectacular people, there's usually marshmallows there 90% of the time. Bonus.

-Would you prefer lemonade or soda?

Lemonade. I hate soda of all kinds. The fizziness and the way it tickles my nose is awful.

-Out of the following, which would you most enjoy visiting for the day- the beach, the pool, the ocean, the swimming hole in the woods?

I really love the saltiness and just the endlessness of the ocean, but sometimes I just wanna chill by the pool and swim around without fearing that I'll step on some nasty seaweed or a shark. So I'm gonna go with the pool.

-What is your summer song?

Disconnected by 5 Seconds of Summer. It's just an upbeat and fun song, but it's also really sweet and I just like how it sounds. You can watch a lyric video below, or if you're on a mobile device, clicking the song title will also take you there. (On another note, 5SOS is probably one of my favorite bands right now, and a lot of their songs I have on repeat. And that's saying something because I have an obsessive amount of songs I love.)



-What is your opinion on old Disney movies?



-Would you eat cookies if I baked them?

Maybe. I say maybe because, my friend, one time you baked rock cookies like Hagrid, and that's made me a bit nervous.

-If you could travel anywhere this summer vacation with no cost to you, where would it be, why, and what would you do there?

I would go to the UK. As much as I would adore going to Australia as well, I think it would be amazing to visit the stores and meet people there. (And most of my favorite YouTubers are there as well but that's besides the point.) I'd probably eat my body weight in food and gawk at all the hot British guys.

Emily's Questions:

1. Favourite book series?

HOW DARE YOU MAKE ME CHOOSE?! OH THE HUMANITY OF IT ALL! I think when it comes down to it, I gotta go with the Accidental Hero trilogy by Matt Myklusch. Those books have amazing plot twists and characters and it's just so adventurous and fun.



2. If you could say one thing to a large group of people, what would it be?

SAVE THE WHALES!

Actually no, I think I'd be a wee bit more serious and say SAVE THE PORCUPINES! Gotta maintain my professionalism.

3. What topic do your thoughts keep on coming back all the time?



Things people have said in the past, whether they were good, bad, or just plain weird. I tend to over analyze conversations and that leads to headaches.

4. Share with us 2 great songs you've recently discovered and love.


I really like Amnesia by 5 Seconds of Summer. I know it seems like I'm fangirling over them, but that song's lyrics just really connect with me and the things I've been through. Another song that I just love is Sunburn by Ed Sheeran. His songs are always really relaxing, but this is one of my favorites that popped up on my playlist that I sort of rediscovered.

5. What is one food that you've never actually eaten more than a tiny bit of yet are convinced you hate? Or are you not that irrational?


Kale is disgusting. Some restaurant snuck it in my food and it was awful. Never eat kale unless it's the last thing on the planet that's edible. Even then, I'd advise you to try some tree bark before kale. That's how bad it is.



6. If you could have dinner with three authors (living or dead), all at the same time, who would you pick?

J.R.R. Tolkien would be one of them because I feel like it would just be really cool to see the creator of Lord of the Rings chilling and eating lasagna or something with me. Also, Matt Myklusch because we've already established that he's one of my favorite authors. Aaaand . . . oh, maybe J.K. Rowling because Harry Potter is a staple of YA Lit.

7. What's the last a) book, b) song, c) TV show and d) film that have made you cry?


A book called Infamous by Sherrilyn Kenyon. Which is really embarrassing actually, because I hated that book with a passion. The only reason I cried during it was because of one part where the main character got into a fight with his mom, and I just felt really bad for the kid.

8. One book you loved until it had a terrible ending.


Ruins by Orson Scott Card. I was actually enjoying the book quite a lot, but then BAM the author was like NO I DON'T WANNA WRITE A GOOD ENDING AND YOU CAN'T MAKE ME, YOU PEASANT! So once I finished it I sort of sat there thinking, "Well that was anticlimactic." It was the second book in what I assume is going to be a trilogy. I wanted fireworks and bon bons, not a boring ending.

9. What gives you comfort?


I have this Pillow Pet whale named Willie, and basically anytime I'm feeling down in the dumps or I'm just sleepy, that little dude is my best friend.

And now for the nominees.

Drumroll please for . . .

Robyn of Sprial-Bound

Kat of Word Spillers

Emma of Awkwordly Emma

Audrey of Writing Audrey

Here's your questions:

1. What is the weirdest thing you've ever eaten? (And was it tasty or trashy?)
2. What do you do for fun?
3. What would you do if every time you made food, it started to sing?
4. What is something you've always wanted to do, but you're too scared to?
5. Name your top five favorite drinks. GO!

On the off chance that you guys see this post before I notify you of the award, huzzah for you!

That is all.

Cheers,
Sea

Comments

  1. "all the hot British guys" ahahahahahhahahahahaha (hahahahahahhahaha). Did you know that Glasgow is the fat capital of Europe? I'm sorry to shatter your dream, Seana. Imagine the Ven diagram Hazel draws for Gus in Amsterdam. The big circle is guys in Britain. The tiny one is hot guys.

    Also, I HAVE NO REGRETS ABOUT QUESTION 1 FOR WHAT ARE AWARDS ABOUT BUT CRUELTY??? *cue manic laughter*

    also, SUNBURN <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 (and on and on and on).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. FAT CAPITAL OF EUROPE?! That's a thing? Well darn then. There goes my dream of meeting the good looking British dudes.

      You sinister person, you.

      It's such a lovely song! I really love it. Definitely one of my favs. (:

      Delete
  2. Thank you Seana! (A newbie blogger's first award THE GLORY)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Huzzah! We shall celebrate with cake and confetti! (:

      Delete
  3. Hi, Seana! I'm not really doing blog awards anymore, but thank you so much for nominating me! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! (: Since you're not doing awards, just consider it a badge of honor instead.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for commenting on this post. I love having conversations with you guys, so please be sure you check back for my reply. That way we can have a chat of epic proportions. (:

(Also, please keep your language clean so everyone can enjoy my blog. Thanks!)

Popular Posts