Tips For the Newbie Blogger

Happy July, everyone!

Lately a strange phenomenon has been occurring. I've been getting emails from you lovely people, asking me if I'd consider starting up a blog with several of you. As much as I would love to open a little blogosphere with all of you, it would be way too much to handle. I would feel horrible if I couldn't do my share to run the blog since I've already got my hands full with this one and my second blog I run with July.

The thing is, you really don't need me to be part of your blog for it to be awesome! If you want to start up a blog, then by all means, go for it! It's a little nerve-wracking at first, but trust me, you'll be fine in the end. Until the beginner's jitters wear off, here are some tips and tricks for a newbie blogger.

For more blogging tips, you can read this post I made a while ago.

1.) Be original (add your flair and jazz hands)

Use that keyboard to create some epic, amazing things that show off your personality. No one likes a monotone blogger, so when you write your posts, write in a way that gives each post your flair. Also, don't copy someone's post. If you like their idea that they did, then you can still do a similar post, just don't copy it word for word and pretend it's yours. Make the idea your own!

2.) Respond to comments (nicely!)

When you start getting lovely people commenting and saying nice things about your post and stating their opinions, make sure you respond to them. It's not nice being ignored, and your readers will love it if you strike up a conversation with them. If they're saying their opinion on a controversial topic that you posted about, be sure you don't offend them by slashing their opinion. The last thing you want is angry readers throwing virtual tomatoes.

3.) Don't go MIA!

Try to let your readers know if you're going to be gone on a vacation or have things going on and you won't be able to post for a bit. If you don't give a reason, they'll probably get bored of not having new things to read and not check in on your blog for a while.

4.) Don't be a hermit; Go check out other blogs

If you're having trouble with getting people to notice your blog, then maybe you're just not that known yet. Comment on other people's blogs, and get to know them. A lot of times you make friends through blogs, and that's probably my favorite part of blogging. Don't sit around and beg for people to come visit your blog. If they like what they see, they'll probably just naturally drift over.

5.) Channel your inner cheerleader

Okay, not really. But in all seriousness, a blog is fun! You can post about things you love and are passionate about, and it's always really fun to see what different bloggers like. So if you hate the green speckled giant tortoise, then don't blog about him. Blog about those really amazing red velvet cupcakes you bake every Saturday instead since you love baking so much.

That's all I can think of for now, but if you're on the fence about starting a blog, here are a few beginning tips for you if you decide to.

That is all.
Cheers,
Sea

Comments

  1. Agreed. To all of it. This post was awesome and encouraging. :)

    Now, to channel that inner cheerleader... READY? OKAY! GIVE ME... ah, never mind. *shakes pom-poms* Maybe I'll go write up some posts to be scheduled for later this month, instead.

    ~The Unstoppable Child

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why, thank you! Glad you liked it.

      And now The Unstoppable Child will show us her cheerleader inspired backflip! Huzzah! Only joking. That's a bit much. Scheduling posts sounds like a less painful idea.

      Delete
    2. I can't backflip even without being cheerleader empowered... Or front flip. I can't even do a good somersault, anymore! :P
      Cheerleader empowered sounds like a magic system for a highschool story... Didn't really need that plot bunny.
      ~RH

      Delete
    3. Haha, well believe me, somersaults are harder than they look. Mine are horrendous. (:

      Begone, plot bunny! You're making a writer's life difficult.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for commenting on this post. I love having conversations with you guys, so please be sure you check back for my reply. That way we can have a chat of epic proportions. (:

(Also, please keep your language clean so everyone can enjoy my blog. Thanks!)

Popular Posts