16 Things I Regret By Age 16

Hello, lovelies!

I made a post similar to this called 16 Things I learned by Age 16, and then I got thinking about other things that I've experienced in my short (but also long) sixteen years of life. There are so many good things that have happened, but there are also things that I wish I could have done differently. Here are sixteen of them.

* * *

1.) Not taking time to eat breakfast in the morning. I used to just skip breakfast before school, but breakfast truly is the most important meal of the day.


2.) Being too quick to judge. Not everyone is who they seem to be.


3.) Falling for people too hard, too fast.


4.) Looking so far ahead in life that I forget to be in the present.


5.) Making decisions without sleeping on them first. I've had a tendency to make hasty decisions because of that.


6.) Holding grudges and being very passive aggressive against people who hurt me. Life is too short to not forgive people.


7.) Wearing too much eyeliner. (Panda eyes are not cute.)


8.) Staying in my comfort zone for so long that I lost opportunities to meet new people.


9.) Morphing myself into who people thought I should be instead of being the person I wanted to be.


10.) Not biting my tongue when I should have, and hurting people who did nothing wrong.


11.) Passing up adventure instead of taking a risk.


12.) Being selfish.


13.) Pretending to be okay.


14.) Talking bad about people I was jealous of. (Jealousy is an ugly, green monster.)


15.) Hiding my little quirks and habits to try and fit in.


16.) Not taking time to stop and smell the roses. (Literally and figuratively.)


* * *

So those are the 16 Things I Regret By Age 16. And even though I do regret all of these things, I'd also like to mention that without me doing these things, I would never have become the person that I am now. And I'm proud to be that person, because I overcame these regrets in a way that made me realize that there are things in life that I've missed out on. And now I can purposely take life by the horns and shake it till it moos. (Weird analogy is weird.)

Do you have any regrets? Feel free to comment them below.

That is all.

Cheers,
Sea

Comments

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for commenting on this post. I love having conversations with you guys, so please be sure you check back for my reply. That way we can have a chat of epic proportions. (:

(Also, please keep your language clean so everyone can enjoy my blog. Thanks!)

Popular Posts