#AskSeana (#7): Babies, Smelly Smells, and OTPs


Hello, lovelies!

#AskSeana is back, and I've got a bunch of lovely questions that you've sent me.

So, Q&A post go!

* * *

Hey, Seana, what's your favorite smell? Mine is vanilla.



Okay, this might be a little weird, but I adore the smell of laundry detergent. I work in a grocery store, so whenever I have to walk to the break room, I always take a mini detour through the soap isle. (Shhh, don't tell.) I also love anything lemony. Lemon scented baked goods, like lemon drizzle cake or lemon-raspberry muffins smell amazing. And I just like the smell of bread. Like that fancy bread you see in bakeries with the thick, almost crunchy crust. Mmm . . .

(Now I just want to go and smell things. Is that weird?)

What advice would you give to a small blogger just starting out?

First things first, try to get a feel for what kind of blogging you want to do. My blog is a big mix of bookish and lifestyle type posts. I'd originally started my blog as a primarily book reviewing blog (hence my blog title), but I morphed it to include more things from my life as I went on. So figure out what you like blogging about and stick to it. Later on when you're comfortable, then feel free to branch out and get a feel for other things you enjoy.

Another thing I'd say is that if you're trying to up your follower count, DO NOT BEG. Leaving comments on random blogs begging them to follow your blog isn't the best way to help your own blog grow. Become friends with people instead. I've met some amazing people through this blog, and that's way more important than sheer numbers.

The final little bit of advice I'd give is to be nice to your viewers. Don't be that person who never responds to the lovely commenters, and for sure never yell at your viewers. If you need to gently establish some of your comment policy things, feel free to do so. Just keep the all capital letters to a minimum. It's scary.


Sweet or salty food?

Saaaaaaalty! I used to have the biggest sweet tooth of life, but now I'd take chips and salsa over brownies any day.

Have you ever thought about baby names? How many kids do you want someday?

I've always thought three is a nice number. I grew up with two older brothers, and I feel like that's what I'd want with my kinds. Two boys and a girl. I don't really have too many names picked out, but for a girl, I've always loved the names Eleanor and Genevieve. They're not super modern names, but I love how they sound. For boys, I like the names Will and Jem. Yes, I may or may not have taken those from the Infernal Devices trilogy, but I adore those names.

But I'm not having kids anytime soon, so don't worry.


When was the hardest you ever laughed?

I usually only laugh extremely hard when I'm hanging out with my best friend. There was one time a long while ago when we were younger (middle school?) when she mentioned how we should be the greeters at Walmart when we're 90 years old. And I just looked at her and started to protest, "But we'll be dead by then!" But I stopped about halfway through, not sure if I should continue. And she looks at me and goes, "You were gonna say that we'd be dead!" I tried to deny it, but I just started laughing so hard, and then we just couldn't stop. It wasn't even that funny, but my stomach ached because we were laughing so hard.

Another time when we were younger we were biking in my neighborhood, and we were riding past the house of a boy in our grade, and for some reason we thought it would be a fun idea to yell, "CHICKEN!" at the top of our lungs several times in rapid succession as we biked by. Neighbor boy was not impressed.


Favorite pizza topping?

Mushrooms. Hands down. Some people think they're gross, but I need mushrooms on my pizza.

If you were a Pokemon what would you be?


This is Cyndaquil. Think of him like a little fiery hedgehog. I know you might think it's odd that I didn't choose something iconic like Pikachu, but once upon a time my brother and I had a Pokemon game, and this little munchkin was my first Pokemon. I named him Spike after the little fiery spikes on his back (original, I know).

Who is your otp?


For those of you who don't know, OTP means One True Pairing. It's basically the two people you ship the most and love the most as a couple (even if they're not dating). My OTP is hands down Tessa and Will from the Infernal Devices trilogy by Cassandra Clare. Their relationship is my favorite thing in the whole world and I just . . .  *le sigh*

What's your Zodiac sign?

*looks it up* Apparently I'm a Sagittarius. I'm not really into the whole astrology thing, but since my birthday's December 19, this puts me as a Sagittarius (whatever that means . . . ?).

How do you cope with sad things? I'm going through a really hard time right now and I'd like your input.

My coping mechanism is always humor. During sad movies I'll be bawling my eyes out, but then I'll make a very bad pun or a random joke to try to cheer myself up. Sometimes I just sit there in shock and let myself stew for a while, but humor is how I get through tough things. Even if it's just watching some YouTube videos that make me laugh. Get friends around you to say stupid jokes and make you laugh, because if you're by yourself, generally it's going to be harder to cope.

Music is also amazing for getting through things. I can pinpoint certain songs that were almost the only thing I'd play during certain periods of my life. I latch on to songs that have lyrics that mean a ton to me during whatever thing I'm going through. For example, Amnesia by 5 Seconds of Summer was my sad breakup song for the longest time, and now that I've pretty much stopped listening to that song, it's really helped me to let that part of my life go.


* * *

Hope you enjoyed this #AskSeana! As always, thanks bunches for sending them in, and if you want to be a part of these posts you can send in your own via any of my social media links on the right-hand side of my blog. 

That is all.

Cheers,
Seana

Comments

  1. I really love your blog! This might sound really stupid, but how do you get the social media buttons on your blog?
    -Cait xx
    Passionate-Mind.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I actually just looked it up on Pinterest, and it took me to a video link of how to do it. (: Step one is just finding some buttons that you like, and then find a tutorial online.

      Delete
  2. Hey hey hey! I LOVE THE SMELL OF SOAP AND DETERGENT! Mmmm ... detergent ... ^__^

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for commenting on this post. I love having conversations with you guys, so please be sure you check back for my reply. That way we can have a chat of epic proportions. (:

(Also, please keep your language clean so everyone can enjoy my blog. Thanks!)

Popular Posts