The Fun Questions Tag (UPDATED!)

Hello, lovelies!

It's kind of funny, but the Fun Questions Tag has been one of the most popular posts on my blog of all time. I had originally found it via another blogger, and recently a bunch of bloggers from all different places has been finding that post and leaving me lovely comments that they've done their own posts on the questions.

I reread my answers from that post and just had to laugh, because they didn't have very much of my usual spunk to them at all. And, since things have changed since then (it'll be 2 years once we hit January!), so I figured why not do an updated version of this post.

So, let's go!

* * *

1) When is your birthday? (You don't have to include the year if you don't want to.)

December 19. I'm sixteen as of this post, so you can do the math to figure out what year I was born in. (:

2) What are 3 of your favorite colors?

I love royal/navy blue. I think they're so gorgeous and they go really well with my skin tone and hair color, which is a bonus. (Blue shoes are my favorite.)


I also adore cranberry colors, especially since we're headed into fall. (I'm so so tempted to buy a dark cranberry-toned lipstick, but I still haven't taken the plunge.) I've got a few sweater and long sleeved cranberry tops that I'm just dying to wear, but it still hasn't gotten cold enough here for that. 


My third favorite is copper/gold. I love gold jewelry and copper tones for lots of things, and they both look amazing as eyeshadow colors for brown eyes (which I happen to have *hair flip*).


3) What are your 3 favorite quotes?


"What's comin' will come and we'll meet it when it does."
- Hagrid in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire


"Pelvis et umbra sumus . . . 'We are dust and shadows'."
- Will Herondale in Clockwork Angel


"Never could I breathe love if I did not first learn to inhale a little bit of chaos."
- Christopher Pointdexter


4) Are you addicted to YouTube?

I admit it. I do watch YouTube a whole lot (probably more than I should).

5) What are 3 of your favorite shows on TV or YouTube or both?

I definitely watch YouTube waaaay more than I watch TV these days. It's so hard to pick just three YouTubers, but I'll try to pick three from three different style channels.

First off, I adore Zoella (Zoe Sugg). Her vlogs and main channel videos are always my favorite to watch, and I really love how cheerful and sweet she is, even though she struggles heavily with anxiety and panic attacks. She's truly an inspiration to me, and I love her little pug, Nala, as well. She's a big mix of beauty, baking, hair, and all kinds of other videos on her channel. They always cheer me up if I'm having a bad day, and her obsession with candles has prompted me to go on the hunt for a perfect autumnal candle scent.


Kathleen Lights is my second favorite. She runs a purely beauty and makeup related channel, and she is the most adorable person ever. She's very open and honest, and she's hilarious too. I love that she gives her opinion on different products and favorites, because often times YouTubers will get sponsored for different brands, and then I can't tell if they honestly like something or if they're being paid to say it. Kathleen doesn't have that, which makes me happy.


My third favorite channel is probably a little bit out there, and maybe surprising for those of you who follow my blog pretty regularly. Basically my brother introduced me to gaming videos when we were younger, and I still love them now. It's strange, I love all things beauty and girly, but I also love watching videos like that. 

Chuggaaconroy is my favorite person to watch for these videos. He's the master of bad puns, and he has played some amazing games on his channel before like Xenoblade Chronicles, Okami, and the sequel to Okami which is called Okamiden (2/3 of those games made me cry because of plot twists). Games are basically just like stories you read in books, but it's like you get to actually be part of the story, which is so cool to me.


6) What are 3 qualities you like in a best friend?


Honestly, if my best friend is hilarious, sassy, and loyal, that's all I need in life. I love those friends who even if you haven't seen them in a long time or talked to them in a while, you still connect with them like not a day has gone by in between. (And it's also not a bad thing if my best friend eats like a caveman like I do sometimes, because there's nothing worse than feeling like you could eat a small country, and the friend you're with is eating the tiniest salad in the world.)


7) Do you like your name? 


I actually don't mind my name (my real one, that is *wink wink*). The only thing is that there's not really a good place to shorten it and make a cute nickname, so most people just call me by my full first name. Also, my name most commonly means "island of the ships", which isn't exactly the cutest meaning ever. It can also mean "ship's victory" which is a little bit better.


8) If you have the choice to pick your own name, what will it be?

I love the names Melia and Arielle. They seem so elegant and lovely to me, but as I am probably the clumsiest person on the face of the earth, they probably wouldn't fit.


9) What is your fantasy dream?

I NEED TO GO TO THE UK. PLEASE. TAKE ME TO WALES AND LONDON AND IRELAND (WHICH IS NOT PART OF THE UK BUT IT'S NEARBY)!


10) Do you wear makeup?

Makeup is honestly so fun to me, and yes, I do wear it. Mascara, eyeshadow, blush, bronzer, lip products, and sometimes concealer are part of my daily makeup routine. I use a decent number of products, but I keep the finish from looking cakey but keeping it more natural Sometimes I break out the eyeliner or a touch of highlighter, but I usually only go for a full face of makeup (minus foundation) if I'm going to a special occasion or having my picture taken.


11) If you could write a book, what would the title be and what would it be about?

If I wrote a book, it'd probably be some kind of fantasy novel. I have no idea what the title would be, since I usually figure that out midway through or at the very end.

12) What makes you cry?


I'm that awkward person in the movie theater who is sobbing during the movie during a sad scene. Also, I'm not a pretty crier. It's full force snot-faced, red-eyed goodness, and nobody knows quite what to do when I'm in sob mode. Also, I rarely cry in books, but when I do, whoa boy. It gets pretty intense if a book can make me cry. Sometimes songs make me cry, but usually they have to be linked to a painful memory of mine.

Personally, I don't think crying is a bad thing. It's a way to let some of your emotions out, and tears of happiness are actually good. Sometimes when someone says something super nice, then I'll tear up a little bit as well.

13) What makes you angry?

People who bully others who have no way to defend themselves. If you're going to pick on someone, pick on someone your own size if you're going to choose anyone at all.

14) What makes you happy?

I like the small things in life. Little jokes and sassy remarks with my friends always cheer me up if I'm having a bad day. Random encounters with a reference to a book series I love when it's not expected is always welcome. Also, there's nothing a good cup of coffee can't fix.


15) What is "Fangirling?"

Can include: crying, screaming, obsessing, and/or holding object of fangirling in a tight hug and whispering, "Why?" over and over (generally only if a character has died).

16) What are your 3 favorite snacks?


Chips and salsa are the most amazing thing to ever appear ever. I'm obsessed with spicy, salty food, and that definitely fits both categories. I also love cherry tomatoes, which is a little bit odd, but they're so cute. I also really like greek yogurt with a little bit of granola sprinkled on the top with some chopped up strawberries or other fruit. It's like a mini little parfait and it's amazing.

17) What are your 3 favorite foods?

I really like seafood (shrimp is so good). And pasta. Put those together and you have heaven on a plate. Also, I'm still obsessed with pomegranates. I always have one on New Year's Eve, so there's a fun little factoid for you.


18) What are your 3 favorite drinks?

Coffee is my favorite drink in the entire world. The best part is that you can get it hot, iced, or in a frappuccinos (which are my personal favorite). I'd also like to note that since fall is coming, I have flung myself full force into the pumpkin spice latte obsession. I can't help it; they're just so good. I also love iced tea mixed with lemonade (Arnold Palmers, anyone?). It's just so refreshing and tasty, especially in summer. As for my third favorite drink, I'd say that would go to good ol' ice water. Nothing tastes better after a long run or doing some frolicking outside on a hot day.


19) Can you tell us a little about yourself?

*clears throat awkwardly* I think I'll just put my little blurb from my "About Me" tab here.

Ahem.

 I'm just a teenage girl living in Michigan where the weather can never make up its mind and apple cider is tradition. I have an addiction to books and everything nerdy, but I also play guitar and sing on the side. I have an unhealthy obsession with shoes, makeup, hair . . . the whole nine yards. I love hanging out with my friends and having a good laugh, and I also play a mean game of ultimate frisbee.

20) What are 10 random facts about you?

- I am the worst at treading water. If I was stuck in the middle of the ocean I probably wouldn't do very well.

- I'm a sucker for dark-haired, blue-eyed guys. And also blondes. (I still have no idea why!)

- I prefer dark chocolate over milk and white chocolate.

- My favorite NFL team is the Green Bay Packers. When I was little I decided they would be my team, and since my brother married a girl from Wisconsin, it all worked out.

- I don't like pop (or soda, as some people call it). The fizziness always makes my nose feel weird and I've never liked the fizzy burn it has in my throat. *shudders*

- I can't drink my coffee black. Yes, I know, some people drink that stuff like it's their only life source, but I think black coffee tastes way too bitter for my tastes. I'll drink it with cream and all that other goodness in it, though.

- I actually weirdly enjoy buying presents for other people's birthdays. Whenever it's one of my friends's birthdays, whether they're having a party or not, I just really enjoy trying to find little cute things that they'll like. I try to find a gift bag that matches their personality, and going to a little dollar store is great for that.

- I'm the type of person who will panic a ton in stressful situations, but internally I'm dead calm and calculating what to do. It's strange. Like I'll hype up the situation, but I won't actually be that freaked out by what's happening. I don't even understand it.

- I have basically no upper body strength. All of my muscle strength pretty much comes from my legs, especially my calves (all that tennis paid off, eh?).

- I have a weakness for all things cute and fuzzy. If I see a dog, I probably will ask if I can pet it.

21) What are your 3 fun things to do?

- Drawing. I love taking a black and white picture of a person and then challenge myself to draw them. So far it's been a bit of a struggle with a drawing I'm working on of a guy, since a.) guys are a little bit harder to draw, and b.) HIS NOSE IS IMPOSSIBLE TO GET RIGHT. *cries while erasing his nose for the 15th time*


- Reading. I love, love, love to just curl up with a mug of coffee, a cozy blanket, and a reading good book with a candle light nearby.


- Writing. Of course, that's definitely no surprise since my blog title makes that a little bit obvious. But there's something magical about having a blast of creative genius and being able to make characters come to life with your fingertips.


* * *

That is all.

Cheers,
Seana

Comments

Popular Posts