Inception



I just watched this movie yesterday. I must say, it was brilliantly done. At first I found it nearly impossible to know what was going on, and even with July sitting nearby explaining the things that I was confused about, it still took me until about halfway through the movie to understand what was exactly going on. So if you watch this movie for the first time, have someone who has watched it watch it with you so that they can say, "Yes, that guy is Arthur. THAT one is not. No, no, that's not even one of the good guys!"

The plot of this is so insane, I can't even begin to try and describe it. Dreams inside of dreams, yet inside of another dream, which takes place in another dream, but this dream leads to limbo, and this dream to reality. It's a maze of confusion, frustration, sadness, and awesomeness. As confusing and hard to follow as it was, I think the director of the film did well to show snippets of things that made you try and figure something out, and then later explain it and make you fall of your chair because the real thing was so different from your prediction.



This movie does have its downfalls, as all movies do. There was a lot of swearing going on during some parts of the film. I do feel like a lot of it was unnecessary, but I also think that it was less than it could have been, and for that I am thankful. This movie also has violence in it. Lots of people shooting guns and killing people. Now, granted, it's more of a BOOM, oh, a person just fell down, kind of shooting as opposed to the blood and guts kind.

I definitely say that this is a movie worth watching. I really liked how it had it's own mystique and suspense to it, and it didn't have some of the same cliche aspects to movies that we see a lot nowadays.

The only part of this movie that I REALLY REALLY HATED was the ending. It leaves you hanging and forces you to come up with your own end to the story. Personally I think quite strongly about how I think the story ends, and I would hate to see it otherwise. I will say no more on that subject, because spoilers are frowned upon.

Now, I shall leave you with this quote, which I thought was really hilarious given the circumstances.

"What are you doing here?"

"Sorry, I thought it was free. Maybe we could share."

That is all.


Comments

  1. Then I would be double confused, I guess, because when I don't get what's going on in a movie, I have to watch it over and over until it clicks into my brain. LOL!

    Happy new Year! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yes, it was pretty confusing. But now that I think about it, I would say that if I watched the movie again, I would know exactly what's going on. Maybe while you're watching it have a website pulled up that explains it? Perhaps it would help. (:

      Happy New Year to you as well! Hope yours is fantastic as ever!

      Delete
    2. That would be useful, lol.

      Thanks. So far, so good. How is your new years? :D

      Delete
    3. Oh yes. (:

      Mine's pretty good so far. I've been reading books and loving them; what more could I want? :P

      Delete
    4. That sounds great! What books have you read so far?

      Delete
    5. J. R. R. Tolkien's books. I've finished The Hobbit for the first time, and I'm a little over halfway through the first LotR book in the trilogy.

      Have you read his books? (:

      Delete
    6. :O Whoa! You read all of them? That is fantastic! My brother was reading them but hasn't finished them yet. I haven't read any of them, just seen the movies. I tried to read them, I think long ago, but it was too complicated for me. Maybe I need patience to read them.

      Delete
    7. Oh! No, I haven't read all of them! Just The Hobbit, and I'm reading The Fellowship of the Ring. (:

      You are right, though. The beginning of The Hobbit tosses so much info and characters at you, it's so hard to follow along. I had to fight through those chapters, but once I got past it, I really quite enjoyed it!

      Delete
    8. You should give it a whirl. (: You might like it!

      What books have you been reading lately?

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a "must watch" movie! Maybe i will watch it sometime although i doubt if i will get the time......great blog by the way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it is! If you ever do get the time, you definitely should! (:

      Aw, thanks! I love yours as well! (:

      Delete
  3. I've heard of this movie...can you get it from Netflix or Redbox or some other rental-ish place, or is there a DVD or something? One of my friends was saying something like you wrote, that it's like someone's dreaming and in that dream they dream themselves dreaming of themselves dreaming...my head hurts just trying to think about it. I'll definitely try to watch this movie! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, it's on DVD. (: I'm not quite sure where you would find it....Netflix/Redbox might have it, but usually when I try to find a movie I want on Netflix, it has pretty much every single other movie EXCEPT the one I need. :P

      As confusing as it is, it's very, very cool how it all works. (:

      Delete
  4. When did that quote happen in the movie?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was something like that, but it was when um, I forget his name, was in the taxi with Fischer.

      Delete
    2. That was my favorite line! (:

      Delete
  5. Yeah, you would've been totally lost without me. :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved this movie! And giving away as little as possible, i wanted to ask.. was it a dream or wasn't it? :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well....um....let me put it this way. The ending forces you to decide that for yourself. Personally, I am going to say the ending is reality, because if that was a dream, I think I'd cry. (:

      Delete
  7. Inception. BEST. MOVIE. EVER.

    I absolutely adore this movie. The plot is ingenious. I mean, people going into dreams to steal personal information and dreams within dreams within dreams...What's cooler than that?! And Joseph Gordon-Levitt as Arthur...*fangirls*

    I'd suggest watching the movie again with the subtitles on. I did that the second time I watched the movie and the plot made a lot more sense when I could actually see what everyone was saying. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed!

      Same here. I especially adored the...*sniff*...pinwheel in the safe! Oh that part made me tear up. It was so surprisingly sweet.

      YOU ARE BRILLIANT! I sometimes couldn't catch what people were saying because they either said it quietly, or they had a really thick accent (Saito). I'll have to do that. Thanks for the suggestion, Erin! (:

      Delete
    2. Oh, I know! I started tearing up as well.

      Unfortunately, the credit goes to a friend who suggested turning the subtitles on. So therefore, she is the brilliant one, not moi. ;)

      Delete
    3. YOU ARE BOTH BRILLIANT! Give her my thanks for the idea, and you have my thanks too for passing it on. (:

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for commenting on this post. I love having conversations with you guys, so please be sure you check back for my reply. That way we can have a chat of epic proportions. (:

(Also, please keep your language clean so everyone can enjoy my blog. Thanks!)

Popular Posts