A Ball of Blizzards

There's a dance this Saturday (apparently it's called the Blizzard Ball). Me being the social butterfly I am (okay, more like caterpillar), I've decided to go. Just for fun. I went to the homecoming dance earlier this year, and I figured that a Blizzard Ball sounded like something that I'd like to go to.

Now, this dance has a twist. Normally it's the guys who have to man up and ask the girl to go to the dance with them, but for this one, girls are asking guys. Dun dun dunnn. I actually do have a few friends who asked guys to the dance, and I also know a few more things who got rejected by their potential dance buddy.

Before you start begging for the details of which guy I've asked, I'm going to have to be a downer and tell you that I am, in fact, not asking anyone.

*crowd boos, tomatoes are thrown on the stage, Seana ducks for cover*

Easy there, I've got good reasons why I'm not asking anyone. First reason being, good grief, it would just be awkward. Most of my friends aren't asking anyone, and I don't think my parents would approve of me going to a dance by myself with a guy anyway. (My family follows the no-dating-until-you're-16 rule, and it could be considered date-ish.)

The second reason is that there's not anyone catching my eye at the moment either. I'll spare you the two tragic love stories (alright, they really weren't that tragic, I may or may not be exaggerating a smidge) of mine and leave it at that.

Reason number three is that quite honestly, I think it's more fun to gather up a group of my friends and hang out with them. Eating food and partying with them is a lot more relaxing and enjoyable than the other option.

I'm hoping this dance will be as good as the last one was, and goodness, I do hope that my feet survive after a night of wearing heels. If you're lucky and I'm not forgetful, perhaps I'll post a picture of my dress, shoes, and the sparkly shenanigans I'll be wearing.

Hope you're having a fabulous day!

That is all.

Cheers,
Seana

Comments

  1. I agree, it is more stress-free and relaxing to have fun at a party without a date and with someone you feel comfortable with. Have fun! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure is! With friends you can unashamedly eat a ridiculous amount of food, too. (: And thank you, I certainly will!

      Delete
  2. Have fun! You know, how much I want to to go to a dance, but no such dances occur in our schools...;, (

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, that's so sad! Maybe someday you can go to a dance! (:

      Delete
  3. It sounds fun, and I agree with your reasons.
    Also, I'm just letting you know (again) that I love your blog (:

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds really fun. There as a masquerade ball that I wanted to go to but I couldn't find anything to wear. There's always next year though!
    I will quite enjoy seeing your hair/shoes/dress if you do in fact decide to reveal them. (The fashionista in me is squealing with delight)

    ~D. Skye <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, I've always wanted to go to a masquerade ball! It sounds so fun!

      Hopefully I'll get around to posting a picture! Can't leave a fashionista like you in suspense, eh? (:

      Delete
  5. Haha a Sadie Hawkins dance! There's some story behind girl-ask-guy dances I think...
    I have never gone to any dances except my middle school graduation (the only free one muahaha) and I have to say, I'm not very impressed. If I want to stand around in the dark for 2-3 hours listening to insanely loud, very profane rap music (I don't) I'd do it at home.
    Hope you have a better time than I did :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like I should look up this Sadie Hawkins and find out what her story is since a dance was named after her!

      Haha, free stuff is good! Some of the music we have playing isn't quite my taste, but thankfully they keep from playing music that's not so pleasant and makes your ears bleed.

      Well, I hope you have an excellent time next time you go to a dance as well! (:

      Delete
    2. If novelty music isn't your thing, I would love to see a post on your favorite bands...

      Delete
    3. I'd be happy to create a post like that sometime! I did a post a while back of some of my favorite songs, but I'll see if I can make a post of my favorite bands. (:

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for commenting on this post. I love having conversations with you guys, so please be sure you check back for my reply. That way we can have a chat of epic proportions. (:

(Also, please keep your language clean so everyone can enjoy my blog. Thanks!)

Popular Posts