Hilarious Fail Analogies

The title says it all. These apparently came from the Washington Post, and are hilariously funny. Enjoy!
  • He was as tall as a 6′3″ tree.
  • The ballerina rose gracefully en pointe and extended one slender leg behind her, like a dog at a fire hydrant.
  • The lamp just sat there, like an inanimate object.
  • The little boat gently drifted across the pond exactly the way a bowling ball wouldn’t.
  • You know how in “Rocky” he prepares for the fight by punching sides of raw beef? Well, yesterday it was as cold as that meat locker he was in.
  • I felt a nameless dread. Well, there probably is a long German name for it, like Geschpooklichkeit or something, but I don’t speak German. Anyway, it’s a dread that nobody knows the name for, like those little square plastic gizmos that close your bread bags. I don’t know the name for those either.
  • Fishing is like waiting for something that does not happen very often.
  • It hurt the way your tongue hurts after you accidentally staple it to the wall.
  • The plan was simple, like my brother-in-law Phil. But unlike Phil, this plan just might work.
  • The young fighter had a hungry look, the kind you get from not eating for a while.
  • He felt like he was being hunted down like a dog, in a place that hunts dogs, I suppose.
  • He spoke with the wisdom that can only come from experience, like a guy who went blind because he looked at a solar eclipse without one of those boxes with a pinhole in it and now goes around the country speaking at high schools about the dangers of looking at a solar eclipse without one of those boxes with a pinhole in it..
  • She had a deep, throaty, genuine laugh, like that sound a dog makes just before it throws up.
  • Her eyes were like two brown circles with big black dots in the center.
  • He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck, either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

Comments

  1. hehehe, I saw this on Writing Fire. made me laugh a lottt :L

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seana,

    These are hilarious! The second and thirteenth ones especially.

    -D. Skye <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved the first one myself. As tall as a 6'3" tree! Yippee! (:

      Delete
  3. At each one I was shaking my head going "FAIL!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As fail as they are, I just might use them to add squicks of humor to some of my books I'm working on. Of course, I'll have to add a Seana spin to them. ^_^

      Delete
  4. Those are the funniest things I've read all week. Silly metaphors are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seana, I was wondering if you'd check out my blog? It's http://everythinghermione.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd be delighted to check out your blog! I read a few of your posts, and you seem to be a book-loving and peppy person, and we share a lot of the same interests! I can't wait to see what you come up with in the future. (:

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for commenting on this post. I love having conversations with you guys, so please be sure you check back for my reply. That way we can have a chat of epic proportions. (:

(Also, please keep your language clean so everyone can enjoy my blog. Thanks!)

Popular Posts