Revenge of the muskrats

Judging from the title of this unscheduled post, you're probably thinking I either a) read a really odd book or b) I just watched a pretty crazy movie. If you answered A, you are sadly incorrect. If you answered B, you are also incorrect. Sorry, but neither of those were right. So why indeed do I have an odd title during this post that clearly was not scheduled? It involves a muskrat. An average muskrat that wouldn't stand out in a room filled with other muskrats. What's so special about this muskrat then? It bit my dog, Chloe, right on the nose this morning. (Poor Chloe.)


Yes, Chloe might possibly have been past the yard's boundaries and was heading close to the woods in my backyard. Yes, she probably startled the little beast. So now Chloe has a nice gash on her muzzle which is now turning a nice shade of rusty brown with hints of red. Lovely. And guess who's job it is to take a washcloth and twice a day put some soap on it and scrub away at Chloe's nose in hopes of not getting the thing infected? No, it's not my brother's job. Guess again. No, it's not the neighbor's dragon's job either. It's.......mine! Didn't see that one coming did ya? You did? Phooey. The other lovely aspect to my job is that Chloe will often rub her face on my nice white shirt and leave little red streaks. Isn't that nice of her? I know, she's in pain and agony, but I still would like to keep my nice white shirt, well, white. And nice.


Perhaps the muskrats did this as a small step towards taking over the world. Perhaps they will come to your doorstep and begin biting your pets as well. I don't know about you, but I'm thinking there is a conspiracy going on with the woodland creatures. Perhaps Bambi won't be quite so innocent anymore, nor his companion Thumper, and most certainly the gophers won't be peaceful (then again, they never were). But we shall see. In the meantime, lock your doors and be on the lookout for any little critters who seem to be huddling together and spray-painting a giant red "X" on your front door, marking you  as their next target.


Don't say I didn't warn you.


~Seana

Comments

Popular Posts