Top Blog Award

I was minding my own business when a furry creature invaded and ran over to the chair where I was sitting. After it got done ranting in some unintelligible mumblings, it handed me a piece of parchment that had some Egyptian hieroglyphs scribbled upon it. After a quick visit to a translator, I realized that it was a nomination for the Top Blog Award from July. And I snorted. Several times. I give her a whole post devoted to her lovely birthday, and what do I receive?! TORTURE FROM A FURRY CREATURE! Oh, the inhumanity of it all! But enough of all that. I suppose I ought to do this. Mind you, it is against my will to do so. The furry creature has a rubber duckie plastered to my head and refuses to remove it until I fill this out. Fine. You win, furry creature....

The furry creature insists that I tell you the rules. So here.

The Rules:
-You must take my answers out of the questions and answer them for yourself 
-You must nominate your favorite top 5 bloggers 
-You cannot nominate the person who nominated you 
-If you have already received this award before, you don't have to do it unless you really, really want to

The furry creature is getting rather impatient at the pokey pace I'm setting....so here are the questions.

The Questions (I'd like to point out that these are not questions at all....Hey! Quit jabbing me with that stupid duck! *grimaces*)

-Top 5 likes: 
Tennis, reading, writing, sketching, things that are on sale that are normally above my budget that I can suddenly swoop in and buy with a whoop of joy.

-Top 5 fears:
Garden gnomes, snakes, heights, hugs from strangers, furry creatures holding rubber duckies to my head as a threat.

-Top 5 wishes:
Not to be doing this, that it was my birthday, that I had a pet panda, that I had an Australian accent, that rubber duckies would become illegal *glares at furry creature*.

-Top 5 favorite animals: Pandas, sea otters, puppies, tigers, and, of course, unicorns. I don't care if you don't think they're real, they exist if only you use your imagination!

-Top 5 favorite foods: Shrimp, alfredo pasta, shrimp alfredo pasta, chocolate volcano cupcakes, Italian ice.

-Top 5 books: Inkdeath by Cornelia Funke, Rick Riordin books in general, The Mother-Daughter Book Club series by Heather Vogel Frederick, The Enchantress by Michael Scott, Leven Thumps and the Ruins of Alder by Obert Skye, Ranger's Apprentice: The Lost Stories by John Flanagan. Because I'm angry at the furry puffball and feeling rebellious, I'm did SIX books instead of five. So there. Ha. (Stop poking me with that duck! That beak is sharp!)

-Top 5 movies: Courageous, Soul Surfer, Tangled, Brave, and.....erm.....well I'm drawing a blank. So only four movies will be part of this *cough cough* question, much to my furball's disgust.

-Top 5 dream vacation spots: Australia, Italy, Hawaii, Ireland, and England.

-Top 5 favorite people: Percival Tospockingtonham (I know, he's one of Liam's characters, but he's still eligible to be my favorite by my standards *glares at furball*), July, Christine, my family, and...ME! Ha! Actually, I'm not really one of my favorite people. I can be really annoying sometimes to myself...

-Top 5 favorite fruits: Watermelon, pomegranate, strawberries, raspberries, and grapes. Gotta love them grapes.

-Top five favorite flowers: Roses, hibiscus, clematis, black-eyed Susans, bleeding hearts. (No, I'm not going all morbid on you. Bleeding heart flowers are actually quite pretty and non-morbid.)

-Top 5 future careers: Writer, bakery worker person (if I can manage not to drop the can of frosting), artist. I refuse to do any more than three for this *ahem* question because I'm still feeling rebellious. (Enough with the duck already! I'm seriously considering burning it...)

-Top 5 girls names: Genevieve, Jennifer, Esmeralda, Kara, Celeste.

-Top 5 guys names: Erik, Dylan, Aiden, Spencer, Terence.

-Top 5 things you'd rather be doing: Anything, reading, writing, eating nuts and bolts with a side of motor oil, petting a kangaroo in Australia.

And now that I've finally escaped the clutches of that furry creature, I suppose I must do some nominating or else it will return for me with a rubber chicken or something odd like that. So here we go.

Liam of This Page Intentionally Left Blank - Liam is a writer of hilarious fiction that has it's share of suspense and humor and all that good stuff mixed in together. He also has tips on things you'd always need to know what to do in life, like how to name your cat, spot a dragon, or just drive your ox cart through heavy traffic. 

Emily of Emily's Chronicles - Emily writes many wonderful pieces of poetry, along with short stories that I love to read. She shared a cookie recipe a while ago, and it sounded fantastic as well. (: Hip hip hurray for Emily!

Mimi and Cait of The Notebook Sisters - These two are just pure awesomeness. They do a mishmash of book reviews, movie stuff, and also they post really fun pictures that have really hilarious quotes and little sayings on them. Huzzah for Mimi and Cait! :D

Emma of Bookworm/Future Author - Emma's a writer, and she's posted quite a few of her short stories on her blog over the past months, and they're always so nicely executed. I love them. She also posts on just the little odd things that happen in her life, advice, and lots of good stuff too.

Nick of Writing Fire: Blog of Teen Writer Nick Hight - Nick doesn't post that much, even less during the summertime it seems, but when he does post, it's either really good advice for writers or something really funny, like the failed analogies he did in June that I reposted here for your further enjoyment. So, cheers, Nick, you also have a top blog it seems!

Congrats you all! You've got a top blog and therefore you get the pleasure of having the furry creature pay a visit to you. I'm sure you're all bursting with excitement, so I've sent the furry buddy on its way to you right now. Bahaha.

<3 Seana

Comments

  1. Well, thank you for the nomination, and the compliments for my blog, my writing, and Percival (he wants to hug you). I graciously accept, since there isn't any picture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. There's one slight problem: I'm not a huge fan of hugs....but nevertheless, the thought is touching. Aye, some of the pictures that go with these awards are rather scary, yes?

      Delete
    2. You weren't there for Mrs. Sparkly. Be thankful.

      Delete
    3. Just from the name I'm shaking in terror. I don't like anything that has anything to do with all things sparkles and glitter.

      Delete
  2. Oh, thanks for nominating us! You're so nice. :) I have to agree with your movie taste--a few of those will probably apear on my post. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so very welcome! Ya'll deserve it. Oh dear...did I misspell your name? :O

      Delete
    2. Hay! (This is cait...the other NotebookSister :P) Sorry we're a bit slow to get your award up! Ahh!! It's been a busy week. But, just to let you know, it's definately going up soon! We haven't forgotten. It's so exciting to get tagged for an award! Yay!! Thankyouthankyou!!

      Delete
    3. Oh, yes. I know all about those insanely busy weeks where it's all you can do to eat your cereal before being whisked out the door.

      You're very welcome. (: Have fun filling it out.

      Delete
    4. Okay! It's up!! :D

      http://notebooksisters.blogspot.com.au/2012/08/blog-awarded.html

      Hopefully this will be a slower-eating-cereal-week. :] And the award was a lot of fun!! Thanks!

      Delete
    5. You're welcome. Glad it wasn't complete and utter torture. (:

      Delete
  3. Hey, Seana (: You have basically named all of my favourite fruits. I am OBSESSED with strawberries and watermelon. And prawns. Mmmm ... praaaaaaawwwnns ... Just wondering if you'd take a moment to check out my writing competition? Not meaning to sound desperate or anything but ... I NEED PEOPLE TO ENTER! :L Thankwa (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For sure, Rose. I'll check it out as soon as I have time. I love competitions! >:D

      ...what on earth is a prawn? o_o

      Delete
    2. A prawn, oh Australian person (American person? Sorry for my ignorance :S), is a shrimp, but in British (: Say it, it sounds nice: prawn. Prawn prawn prawn (: Tehee!

      Delete
    3. Oh! Thank you much for the translation!

      Delete
  4. Thankyou...~glowers to show that I'm not thankful at all~
    ~realises that I am glowering and showing that I'm not thankful at all~
    ~plasters obviously fake smile on my face~
    ~realises that the smile I've plastered on my face is obviously fake~
    ~stops trying, hangs head and trudges off to answer the many, many non-questions~

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for commenting on this post. I love having conversations with you guys, so please be sure you check back for my reply. That way we can have a chat of epic proportions. (:

(Also, please keep your language clean so everyone can enjoy my blog. Thanks!)

Popular Posts