Chicken! Eugh, Frog! They're From Poland!

Erm...yes. I did just say, "Chicken! Eugh, frog! They're from Poland!" That's just another day in the life of me. Don't judge me too harshly.

It all started when July and I were going to play tennis at the nearby park. Just an innocent event that turned...interesting. Well, now I shall share those interesting moments with you all.

NOTE: I might alter some of our dialogue simply because I can, and because it amuses me.

Lights.

Camera.

Platypuses!

*the camera pans around a seemingly uneventful neighborhood, before coming to a stop when two girls riding their bikes enter the scene*

"July! Easy! You nearly ran me over!" said one of the girls who's dark hair was starting to come out of the multiple bobby pins she stabbed into it.

"Yeah, but you did that to me last time!" protested the other, her short french-braided pigtails flying out behind her.

"By ACCIDENT! You were clearly attempting to crash into me on purpose. It's obviously a conspiracy..."

"Oh hush."

"I suppose I can forgive you, though. You have saved me on more than one occasion from  reckless drivers."

"Good thing I did. Or else there would be a Seana pancake."

"Syrup too?"

"No. No syrup."

***

"So...now what?"

"I haven't the slightest idea..." Seana paused on her bike to swipe some pesky hairs away from her face.

"Chicken!"

"Where?"

"No where. It's just amusing to say it."

"Oh. Chicken!"

"Chicken!"

"Chicken!"

"Hey, look, there's Plate!" July nodded to a boy who they knew who was attempting to be cool by doing wheelies on his scooter.

"What do you think would happen if we yelled 'Chicken!' while riding past his house?"

"Let's find out."

"Chicken!"

"Chicken!"

"He ran inside."

"You're probably scaring him, Sea."

"Pshaw, maybe it was you!"

"Nah...couldn't be. I'm too awesome for that to happen."

"Now don't go getting a big head about it now..."

"Too late."

***

They rode off to the nearby park and saw a whole group of people dressed proudly in their Cubs jerseys.

"What do you think they're doing?" Seana asked, pointing to the mob of blue and red.

"They're probably from Poland."

"Poland?"

"Yes. Maybe they asked around in Chicago where they could find the Cubs, and people thought they were talking about actual bear cubs, and since there are bears around here, they told them to come here and now they're busy partying."

"...that is an odd story."

"Isn't it?" July replied, nodding in satisfaction.

***

Seana sat down in a chair and kicked her feet back and forth like a lazy metronome. Suddenly her foot hit something squishy. She looked down...

"EUGH! FROG!" Seana snatched her foot back up and looked at it like it was an alien creature.

"Some people say that the slime from frogs can give you hallucinations."

"Oh good grief! This is awful!"

"At least you're wearing socks?"

"At least. But still. I don't like frogs."

"Why isn't this one moving?"

"Do you think it's dead?"

"No. My feet don't stink that much to kill a frog." Seana retorted.

"You sure 'bout that?"

"Hey! I resent that!"

***

The end.

Comments

  1. Wait...I thought it was Platypi! LOL, you're the writer here, so I guess you're probably WRITE! Haha...see what I did there? I'm so clever :D. *Clears throat awkwardly*. Uh...anyway, great post! I think I'll try yelling chicken at someone next time I ride my bike...hehehe...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Platypi? Hmm...maybe you're right! I hadn't thought it would be like that in the plural form, but it would make sense.

      Aye, yelling chicken was quite amusing. ^_^

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for commenting on this post. I love having conversations with you guys, so please be sure you check back for my reply. That way we can have a chat of epic proportions. (:

(Also, please keep your language clean so everyone can enjoy my blog. Thanks!)

Popular Posts