You Asked For It

Well maybe not YOU you, but you in general as a nonspecific pronoun---never mind. Well many of you have been sending me emails wondering what all of my favorite books are. That is a tall order, my dears, but I suppose I ought to tell ya'll.

Now then, you are being warned now that I am about to send you through a whirlwind of all of the books I have ever read, but stick with me while I browse around to find my favorites that are tucked away there. Ready? Okay.

Step onto that there podium, that's the way, and just close your eyes and sing something that makes you happy. There you go....

[insert strange poofing noise, smokey substances, tiniest traces of glitter]

*cough cough* Alright, the glitter was a bad idea. *sneeze* I'm almost positive that I'm allergic to the stuff, but no-o-o I had to go and stick it into this post. Pah. Well anyway, let's explore this book universe, shall we? Oh! But please don't touch anything. I'm not responsible if you accidentally set off one of the exploding donkeys or upset the poor albino komodo dragon.

Follow me over to this shelf over yonder and we find.........................

The Lost Stories by John Flanagan
Brief Summary: Ever wonder what happened to the whole Ranger's Apprentice gang after the last book? During this book it tells you what the fates are of those people, and what happened to some characters that you didn't hear about *coughcoughHaltandWill'sdadcoughcough*. Excuse that coughing fit there. Must've been allergies.

The Enchantress by Michael Scott
Brief Summary: Final book in The Alchemyst series. I thought it wrapped everything up nicely and really tipped the tables when you find out that Josh is really--oops. Almost gave it away. Hehe. But read those books. The first one is rather...dull. Onward from that it gets better, although I find it annoying that in the first few books they sit there getting angry at each other.

Leven Thumps series by Obert Skye
Brief Summary: What can I say? The whole series is awesome, the characters are fabulous, and there are scyophants who invisibly drive cars while an evil talking inanimate object plots to take over the world. What more is there to say?

Inkdeath by Cornelia Funke
Brief Summary: Final book in her Inheart series, and I just love the series as a whole. Dustfinger and Fenoglio are awesome, and books about writing are always so much fun. I also especially like Guin. How could you not like a furry creature that tries to bite you? Heh.

Pies and Prejudice by Heather Vogel Frederick
Brief Summary: Four girls who are in a Mother-Daughter book club are entering their freshman year while one of them gets the news she's moving to England. This one is my favorite out of her series so far, and I've always been a fan of her books. They're not heart-stopping action books like some others, but they're still quite good. (Liam don't start dissing the MDBC....)

Rick Riordan books
Brief Summary: Stuffed full with action, suspense, and witty humor, Rick's books have always been amongst my favorites. Now, I don't know out of the Kane Chronicles which one is my favorite, as I have yet to finish the final one, but so far it's pretty good.

Well, I've decided to leave it at that, because 1) I'm sure there are more but it will take forever to do them all and 2) I'm tired from tennis lessons. So there.

<3 Seana

Comments

  1. YAY Rick Riordan! I read the Percy Jackson series when I was 10 or 11 but I've not tried the Kane Chronicles - are they any good? I thought they looked a bit young for me...how old are you, by the way? It's weird how you can read someone's blog for ages and never know their age :L

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the Kane Chronicles are quite good. It's a trilogy, and they just get better as you go. I can't say that I liked them quite as much as some of Rick's other books, but hey. They're still good.

      I'm 13, actually. *puffs up proudly* Heh.

      Delete
    2. WHOA! ~is smacked in the face by reality~ I always thought of you as like, 16 or 17? But...I AM 13 TOO! Yayyyy!! ~beams idiotically~

      Delete
    3. Wow. o_O Erm...never though people would think I was 16 or 17. xD.

      But huzzah for us being the same age. -attempts to give you a high five but ends up hitting your face- Oops.

      Delete
  2. This is rather frustrating. I have read the first two books of Michael Scott's Secret's of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel series and have liked them tremendously, but since that day all of the books of that series that my library owns (and for once they own all of them) have been absent from the shelves.

    And as for the MDBC, just look at a few of those summaries you have there. For Leven Thumps you have the following:
    "There are scyophants who invisibly drive cars while an evil talking inanimate object plots to take over the world."
    That sounds great and would make me want to read it if I hadn't done so already. As for MDBC, you have this:
    "Four girls who are in a Mother-Daughter book club are entering their freshman year while one of them gets the news she's moving to England."
    Okay... So four girls go to school. One moves to England. Whoop-de-doo. What fun we're having here! If I close my eyes and hit myself on the head a few times, I might be able to hallucinate enough to see a plot in there! At the same time, I might suppose that Miss Vixen likes glitter more than anything in the world, and that I myself would like a hug right now! (Which, if you had heard half the conversations I've had with Charley, would be so obviously wrong that you would be sick.)
    I'm just saying; with the plot summaries and book reviews I see, it does not look like those books have any sort of value.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, the never ending cycle of libraries not having books and citizens getting angry...it is most tragic.

      Alright, alright. I admit you have a point. But alas, they're clearly girl books and there's not enough evil inanimate objects nor are there supernatural powers to really keep any others busy reading it. You keep your opinions, I'll keep mine.

      And yes, I have seen a few of you and Charley's hug conversations that never end up with a hug in the end, but rather some other strange thing.

      Delete
    2. Indeed.

      Fair enough.

      Exactly.

      (This has been a comment of affirmative expressions... Tune in next time for negative terms!)

      Delete
    3. Oh come on, it won't be that bad.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for commenting on this post. I love having conversations with you guys, so please be sure you check back for my reply. That way we can have a chat of epic proportions. (:

(Also, please keep your language clean so everyone can enjoy my blog. Thanks!)

Popular Posts