Rebel Post: In Which My Hands Are Mini Glitter Bombs

I hate glitter.

If you've spoken to me for more than 7.4 seconds, I may or may not have expressed this hatred for the sparkling particles one often calls "glitter." Frankly, I hate the way it sticks to my skin and makes me look like a miniature constellation that accidentally feel from the sky after tripping over the moon.

So you understand my hatred when just yesterday I went to a store to use my coupon for a free travel-size lotion (free is good) and one of the employees waltzes up to me while I'm busy debating between "Japanese Cherry Blossom" and "Paris Nights" amongst the scents.

"Hello, miss," she said, fingering the badge on her apron that stated, "Hello! My name is Brittany! <3 <3"

"Hi." Keeping the answers short and sweet and hoping that she goes away was the idea there.

"Hold out your hand," Brittany <3 <3 commanded, holding up a bottle of who-knows-what that she had magically conjured out of thin air that smelled like lemons.

"Er...that's all right. I'm good." I tried to fend of her attack by surreptitiously scooting closer to the entrance, intent on using it as an exit.

Brittany <3 <3 either didn't get the hint, or chose to ignore it, much to my anguish. She grabbed my wrist and twisted my hand so that my palm was facing skyward. Or ceiling-ward, whatever you prefer. She plucked the lid off of her concoction and squirted it onto my palm.

You know those things called Pop Rocks? If you don't, then think of the fizzy bubbles in soda instead. That is exactly what it felt like.

I squirmed, while Brittany <3 <3 ordered me to rub my hands together. The strange fizzy substance crackled menacingly, as though it was intent on fizzing me to death, starting with my hands. After a while, the crackling died down, and I thought, hey, this isn't so bad!

It was so bad.

I looked down at my hands, wondering if they'd break out into a rash or something else drastic like that.

It was worse than a rash.

Blinking in the lights were little specks of glitter. The glitter had coated my hands, and they had done so secretly. I hadn't any idea what had happened until I'd looked down at my mini disco ball hands. I was so startled that I blurted out, "Good grief! My hands are mini glitter bombs! Eugh!"

Brittany <3 <3 had chosen this moment to make herself scarce, leaving me alone in my revulsion.

I still have glitter on my hands. This stuff doesn't come off. I'm thinking they put some chemical in there that made it adhere to my skin like little octopuses. Eugh. Beware of ladies in hot pink aprons named Brittany <3 <3. They will come after you with their sparkle goop. In fact, they're probably after you right now.

They're coming for you.....

Your glitter-infested blogger,
<3 Seana

PS: I made the mistake of touching my face with my glitter bombs. Guess who's got some nice glitter decorations chilling out on her forehead? No, it's not the neighbors dragon, why do you ask? 
...Okay, fine. Maybe I accidentally petted him with my hands too. Now someone has to share my suffering....

Comments

  1. I haven't read the post-- I don't have the time right now, unfortunately-- but I'm stopping by to say the following. You were the 3001st commenter on my blog (the 3000th was me, so you're the closest person) and that means you qualify for a guest post if you haven't done one already. I don't recall any that you've done, so I'd like to ask you to do a guest post for me. Capisce?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A guest post? Moi? Well there's a first time for everything. I'd be happy to oblige, but I might not get around to it for a while, I've been rather busy. But as soon as I get a good idea for a post that isn't totally stupid and get it typed out, I'll let you know.

      Delete
    2. Do you have a NaNoWriMo account? YWP or adult, it doesn't matter. That would be the best way to do the exchange... And I will need it sooner rather than later. You never know how soon we'll get to 4k. If you can't do it, I'll let you skip.

      Delete
  2. Hey, don't be hating on Bath & Body Works. *eye-roll* I've never even heard of that glitter stuff there... (And, yeah, I know B&BW so well I could tell what store you were talking about just by Japanese Cherry Blossom and Paris Nights.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not hating on B&BW, I'm just hating on their glitter goop. (:

      Delete
    2. I've never even heard of anything glittery like that there, except their shimmer mist which is a fragrance-type thing...

      Delete
    3. The lady said it was new...it's not a shimmer mist, though. It was more like a much lighter lotion that fizzled.

      Delete
    4. Huh...not seeing it on their website, and I was just at a B&BW a couple days ago.

      It sounds more like a case of aggressive salesperson, though. xD Most of the salesgirls at the B&BWs I go to don't push it if you say no thanks.

      Delete
    5. That is so weird...who knows what it was?

      And you're extremely lucky that you weren't attacked by the glitter goop. That stuff is dreadful! D:

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for commenting on this post. I love having conversations with you guys, so please be sure you check back for my reply. That way we can have a chat of epic proportions. (:

(Also, please keep your language clean so everyone can enjoy my blog. Thanks!)

Popular Posts