#AskSeana (#2): Breakups, Body Image, and New School Jitters


Hello lovelies!

I was absolutely blown away by how many questions I received after my last #AskSeana post. I was astonished that so many of you had things you wanted to ask me! So in this post, I'll be answering some of them. It's a little more serious than my last #AskSeana, but hopefully you'll like it all the same.

Let's get started!

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

I'm having a really hard making the transition into my new school. Do you have any tips?

Yikes! Starting a new school is pretty terrifying. I recommend first just getting yourself familiar with the layout and the people in your classes. My first day of freshman year last year was pretty intense because I'm horrid at figuring my way around, and I wasn't sure if any of my middle school friends would be in my classes.

After you've gotten a lay of the land, then just test the waters a little bit. Talk to some of the people in your class who seem like genuinely nice people. You'll have to leave your comfort zone, which is scary, I know, but if you're yourself and make an effort to make new friends, I think you'll be just fine.

Hi Seana! I just wanted to know what your opinion was on wearing makeup vs. being all natural and being comfortable in your own skin?

This is a really interesting topic for me, someone who does indeed wear makeup, but who also has a hand on the other side of the coin. My rule of thumb is that if you feel like your best self wearing makeup, then by all means do it! But if you like the way you look and feel when you roll out of bed with a fresh face clean of makeup, that's perfectly fine too. The only thing I say is that you shouldn't hide behind your makeup. Don't use it as a mask because you're afraid of people seeing you without it.

Regardless of whether you do or don't wear makeup, you should be comfortable in your own skin! That way no matter what you wear, you'll feel good about yourself. Don't let what other people think define you. You're beautiful and special and no one can take that away from you. So makeup or no, rock that look!



What's your favorite song right now?

I'm obsessed with Flaws by Bastille. It's a super relaxing song, and it's one of my favorites.



Reading on a mobile device? Click here instead to watch the lyric video!

You seem like the type of person who just brushes off insults and don't let them get to you. How do you do it?

It sounds a little harsh, but I stopped caring. Not about life, but about what people think about me. There used to be a time where little things would get to me, and I'd end up feeling bad about myself. But now I've learned to not really pay attention when someone insults me (even if it's a little thing), and I have plenty of comebacks now. If you can learn to laugh off the mean things that people say to you, it shows that you're the stronger, better person because you don't need other people's words to make you who you are.

Name your favorite mythical creature. GO!

Okay, he's not really completely in the realm of mythical creatures, but the Lorax is pretty adorable. And he speaks for the trees, so that has to count for something.



Why do you love blogging so much?

That's such a tough question! I think my favorite part of it is meeting some amazing people through my blog and reading the comments that they leave. It makes me happy to know that I've brightened up someone's day just by being my crazy, stupid, joking self. There's just something about making people happy that's so rewarding and amazing. Also, my blog gives me a chance to recommend books and things that some people might not have picked up otherwise. Bonus!

How do you deal with a breakup?

I'm not sure that I'm the best person to ask about that. I've never really had an official boyfriend, but . . . I suppose I have come close. A certain guy we won't mention was apparently talking to my friend Genevieve about things that had gone on between myself and him last year, and she told me just yesterday that the things that we did counted as dating. *shrugs* I never considered it dating, but I suppose you could count that if you try really hard and squint (ha).



This could probably be a post all on its own, but I'll try to keep it brief. First things first, you must, must create distance between yourself and this boy/girl. Do not message, text, call, or anything them. If you do, I promise it just creates more pain than you need. Don't look at their social media pages, and don't purposely seek them out when you see them. (Also, if in a few months they try to play the "act like everything is fine" card, don't encourage them. It'll just drag things out longer that hurt you.)

Go ahead and cry, listen to sad songs, and rant to your best friend. It helps . . . I know. I was lucky to have amazing friends who I could talk to and get advice from (you know who you are). Just be sure you don't wallow in sadness and share your "woe is me" tale with everyone you see. I know you're hurt, but it makes it worse to recount your story again and again. Do things to distract yourself and get your mind off of them. Read a good book, go hang out with your buddies, etc. Take some time to just take care of you for a while. Your heart needs some TLC and so do you.

How much do you love Nutella?

So much.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Hope you enjoyed another #AskSeana! As always, questions can be sent via email, Twitter, or any of my other social media links.

That is all.

Cheers,
Sea

Comments

  1. Seana,
    you are a talented writer & seem like a lovely person.
    i've been in a sorta depressed state for quit some time, and your blog has helped me in so many ways. You are so honest..about everything! and Seana, i feel like i know you!!
    Thanks you thank you xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, you lovely person, you! (:

      I'm so glad you stopped by. I know what it feels like to be on the edges of depression. Not quite drowning in it, but still things don't feel quite right. I'm so happy that my blog and my ramblings have brought you some happiness, and I want you to know that if you need anything, just let me know. Be it a hug via the internet or a long, honest chat, I'll be there.

      You're very welcome. (: Please feel free to hang around my blogosphere anytime you like.

      Delete
  2. Seana I love these posts! (You should probably be thankful I don't have twitter or you'd be getting a heckuva lot of weird questions from me.) I loved your answer about make-up. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you like them! (: Haha, but if you ever feel like sending me a mountain of questions, you could do it through one of my other social media pages.

      My makeup opinion was actually really hard to put into words, but I'm glad that it made sense. (:

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for commenting on this post. I love having conversations with you guys, so please be sure you check back for my reply. That way we can have a chat of epic proportions. (:

(Also, please keep your language clean so everyone can enjoy my blog. Thanks!)

Popular Posts